Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Johnatone

Oh gno, Spaceballs 2!

I have no idea if ain't-it-cool-news.com is a legitament website or not, but while on another site I found this:

http://www.aint-it-cool-news.com/display.cgi?id=18513

Mel Brooks may have said:
"It's doubtful, but I'm writing myself back into the Spaceballs sequel that I'm now writing, so you haven't seen the last of my face. Why another Spaceballs? It wouldn't feel right have anyone else play Yoghurt and the first one was the best experience I've had making a movie since Blazing Saddles."

I don't know whether to be delighted or horrified. Honestly, with as poor a job as George Lucas has done on the prequels IMO, a sequel to a horribly outdated spoof doesn't seem that bad.

What do you think?

EDIT: The Internet Movie Database does list a Spaceballs sequel:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0427996/

That is awesome.. I loved the first SpaceBalls. I just hope the second one is just as good. Sequals have a bad habit of sucking and making the first movie less appealing.

I think it's a little late to make a sequel to this sort of film. If in fact, this is for real.

See a Viking funeral... See Hitler on ice... See JEWS IN SPACE!!! *sigh* yeah, we were promised a lot, and it'd be a shame if he didn't deliver.

POTGIESSER said:

I think it's a little late to make a sequel to this sort of film. If in fact, this is for real.

It's too late to make a sequel to a spoof of Star Wars, but not too late to make a sequel (okay, prequel) to Star Wars itself? Okaaay.

Well George Lucas was limited with what he could do with his first StarWars movie, so he started with Episode IV as oppossed to episode I. If Space Balls II will be spoofing the prequels of the StarWars than I suppose it'd be a little more suitable. But with John Candy dead, I hardly see how this one will capture the magic of the original. It was made in an era of cinema where they still had this literal, exaggerated sense of humor. Few recent movies having that style been very successful, like *ulp* Soul Plane.

POTGIESSER said:

Well George Lucas was limited with what he could do with his first StarWars movie, so he started with Episode IV as oppossed to episode I.

(bump)I don't even think he had the first three written. The plot inconsistencies tehdn to fuck everything up.

I do agree though, John Candy is missed.

It's nowhere near as bad as Scary Movie 3, Not Another Teen Movie, Flesh Gordon or Johnny English.

Shaviro said:

gah
Spaceballs is imo the most unfunny parody ever created.

you have no humor >:(

Shaviro said:

You have no taste! :P

Well, what movies do you like to watch then?

Spaceballs is easily the best of all the Star Wars parodies (even beating Steve Oedekerk's "Thumb Wars" which I think was a stroke of genius). I look forward to the sequel, and I have hopes that it will be good despite John Candy's absence (rest in peace).

Ah, but will it have the same opening title motif as the first? ;)

"Once upon a time warp, in a galaxy very, very, very, very far away there lived a ruthless race of beings known as...Spaceballs"

I have to agree with shaviro, spaceballs was about as funny as having your arm ripped off in an industrial accident.

Russell_P said:

I have to agree with shaviro, spaceballs was about as funny as having your arm ripped off in an industrial accident.

I find it quite amusing

And just like having your arm ripped off in an industrial accident, someone far removed from the situation will watch it on the internet and find it hilarious.

Russell_P said:

And yet you probably thought "Dude Where's My Car?" was funny, didn't you? :P

...and what leads you to that assumption? In fact the trailer for dude where's my car was enough to make me realise I would never want to watch that film. Films I find funny include Spinal Tap and the Monty Pyton films :P

I must be psychic. I knew someone was going to mention Monty Python when his sense of humor was questioned. Seriously, they stopped being funny when I started growing pubic hairs.

Well congratulations on being both psychic and having started pubic hair growth. That's quite an achivement. You must be very proud.

I find the python films entertaining because the humour is timeless, much like that of the early ealing comedies. But then I guess these films don't have enough fart gags to entertain most modern audiences.

Well, the fart gags were indeed a welcome alternative to cross-dressing, explosions, and cross-dressers who explode.

Numbermind: care to mention a few films you do find to be funny, so we can utterly insult your choice in humour as well? :P