Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bucket

Sexy hi-res pic!!!

Relica Religia said:

"The most important game you'll ever play".....wow, that's a pretty grandiose thing to say. I didn't even know games were that important in the first place.

More amazing, I didn't know PC gamer could see into the future and predict that of every game to come out in my lifetime, the one made in 2004 called Half Life 2 would be the single most important game ever.

Scuba Steve said:

More amazing, I didn't know PC gamer could see into the future and predict that of every game to come out in my lifetime, the one made in 2004 called Half Life 2 would be the single most important game ever.

It's the most important game ever made because every FPS and its dog will have a gravity gun after Half-Life 2 made it so cool! I mean, shooting boxes at 5 different varieties of the same monster(omg, faster headcrabs!) is what defines cool...right?

Revenant100 said:

It says right on the back of the box '"BEST GAME EVER MADE" - PC GAMER'.

*checks Doom3 box*

That just might trump "A MASTERPIECE OF THE ART FORM."

please tell me what the fuck i'm supposed to be looking for, other than the fact that this looks totally unrealistictly perfect

I had more fun playing HL2 than I did playing D3 and to me, that's all that matters in a game.

Doom 3 felt way too scripted, that ruined the entire game for me. The graphics were ok, but too clean.

HL2 > D3

-E

Endureth said:

I had more fun playing HL2 than I did playing D3 and to me, that's all that matters in a game.

Doom 3 felt way too scripted, that ruined the entire game for me. The graphics were ok, but too clean.

HL2 > D3

-E

Here, here.

While that screenshot may appear impressive at first, upon further inspection you can indeed do most (notice how i did not use the word all) of that stuff in a ZDoom in Hexen format map. In fact, I'm gonna go do that now.

Revenant100 said:

It says right on the back of the box '"BEST GAME EVER MADE" - PC GAMER'.

But in the review, it says "...arguably the best game ever made"

Damn them Valve and their word cutoffs!

Darkhaven said:

While that screenshot may appear impressive at first, upon further inspection you can indeed do most (notice how i did not use the word all) of that stuff in a ZDoom in Hexen format map. In fact, I'm gonna go do that now.

Yeah ok whatever you say, I wasnt aware ZDoom had shaders now

Linguica said:

http://img138.exs.cx/img138/8369/doom00414hb.png

I win

I can't show the "real" version yet, not much to show. Current status:
168 vertices
210 linedefs
372 sidedefs
24 sectors
1 thing

Linguica said:

AirRaid said:

Despite the whole True 3D thing, with multiple complex sloped surfaces and shit.

I didn't say ZDoom could do all of it you tards

EDIT: YAY, NEW CUSTOM TITLE! Thanks again Ling ;)

Vile said:

That just might trump "A MASTERPIECE OF THE ART FORM."

Pretty much everything trumps that tagline.

Darkhaven said:

I didn't say ZDoom could do all of it you tards

Yeah problem being Zdoom can't do the most important parts. So what the fuck is the point.

AirRaid said:

Yeah problem being Zdoom can't do the most important parts. So what the fuck is the point.

Point is to prove that Halflife 2 is bullshit and then some.

"Point is to prove that Halflife 2 is bullshit and then some."

Hehe, you're joking, right? Have you ever even played Half-Life 2?

Yeah, actually I have played Halflife 2, and it is bullshit, and no, I don't fail it yet. You know why? Because 1. every time you enter any level at any time, regardless of if you've been there before, the game constantly pesters you with a "Node Graph out of date. Rebuilding..." message, then it always says "AI Disabled..." forcing you to activate it manually. Then, there's the bullshit about the physics engine. That's the only thing that makes Halflife 2 come close to Doom3, and 100% of reviews I've read so far claim that Halflife 2 is NOT as technologically advanced as Doom3, save the Physics engine. Then, you have Steam, which is a Steaming pile of horse shit in the form of a CPU clog. If you play Halflife 2 even offline, it has to contact Steam. If you play another source engine game, it contacts Steam. Why? Because the point of the Source engine is to be as stupid as possible. And then, of course, there's the name Source. Who fucking came up with that? A lobotomy patient with a portion of their tongue missing?

I'm being very generous here. I could go on, but I have neither the patience nor the willingness to care.

Darkhaven said:

1. every time you enter any level at any time, regardless of if you've been there before, the game constantly pesters you with a "Node Graph out of date. Rebuilding..." message, then it always says "AI Disabled..." forcing you to activate it manually.

Ummm, what? I've never had those messages ever come up on me. Are you running the game properly.

After more needless rantings about Steam, Darkhaven said:

the name Source. Who fucking came up with that? A lobotomy patient with a portion of their tongue missing?

Oh the irony.....

Darkhaven said:

stuff

Likewise, Doom3 is crap because it won't run on my Cyrix 686. Seriously: what's up with games not being able to know when my PC isn't configured correctly? By the way, sorry to hear that Steam is trying to steal your IP address.

Darkhaven said:

1. every time you enter any level at any time, regardless of if you've been there before, the game constantly pesters you with a "Node Graph out of date. Rebuilding..." message, then it always says "AI Disabled..." forcing you to activate it manually.

Try playing the real game instead of the leaked version.

Numbermind said:

Indeed. The G-Man is amused.
http://img89.exs.cx/img89/1083/gmango5ni.gif

That looks naughty.

Darkhaven you stupid piece of shit I should ban you for complaining about your obviously warezed copy