Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Raziel

How good can doom 3 run on the following?

Athlon XP+2000
1GB DDR ram (not sure what type)
128MB AGP 4X Geforce FX 5200
Detanator 66.93 drivers

Can I run it at 640X480 at medium quality at a near constant 30 or better fps on the FULL game? Just asking.

You should do well at 1024x768 resolution. But I don't think running at this resolution, or even 640x480 will get a constant 30fps, but still at a acceptable frame rate, possibly at 15-20fps in heavily detailed areas/crowded areas. But still, you got nothing to worry about.

Oh yeah, I suggest browsing though the sticky threads for more information on this.

Kaiser said:

You should do well at 1024x768 resolution. But I don't think running at this resolution, or even 640x480 will get a constant 30fps, but still at a acceptable frame rate, possibly at 15-20fps in heavily detailed areas/crowded areas. But still, you got nothing to worry about.

Oh yeah, I suggest browsing though the sticky threads for more information on this.

Well, as long as it is 30 fps a good 70% or so of the time.

I'd say 30 is a little low, because this means it'll probably drop to about 15 when things get rough, which does tend to happen fairly often. though if you drop to 800x600 it should play fine. If you don't mind some choppiness now and then 1024x768 might be okay for you, though. There are always things you could disable to make it run better, such as the blur thing when you get hit.