Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Raziel

What is a better zdoom version. 2.0.63a or 2.0.94?

Just wondering. Common sense should state that the newer version is best. But since it says for strife I'm confused. Help me out here please.

If you're interested in compatibility with old weapons mods (ie. Warzon_x, ww-xm, actrev_x) then use 63a. Otherwise, 94 has the same stability.

94 has support for the Strife IWAD file (full version and teaser mission), so if you get 94, you'll have another game to play.

The newer versions have full support for strife in addition to Doom, hexen etc. Try 94 and if it misbehaves go back to 63 (which works fine)

When WildWeasel says "old weapon mods", what he actually means is "weapon mods which use a DEHSUPP lump" ;).

Deathmatcher said:

So, will he henceforth continue in both universes? Like, will there be a .64 AND a .95 version one day? *confused*

Just think of the .9X series as WIP builds of .64.

.94 is deffinately getting better in terms of the .9x series. However, I think we're due for a .95 here soon it's been a while especially since these are just iron out versions.

2.0.94 is better. Look at the shots for the intermission map for KDiZD and you'll see why. It also fixes a bug with the grenade launcher (More specifically, the +FLOORBOUNCE flag)