Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Unconscious

Halfway To Hell- A Zdoom project

Sorry for remaking this topic, but I figured you needed a more up to date post.

So far, we have the following mappers:

Unconscious
Wad'A'Holics
Axem's
Lutrov71

We have one map finished, and 3 maps under construction.

Map01- Jow's - Complete
Map02- Wad'A'Holic's - Under construction.
Map03- Axem's - Under construction.
Map04- Unconscious - Under construction.
Map05- Lutrov71 - Under construction.

Halfway To Hell is a alternative to the Doom 2 iwad, you arrive back on Earth, to find all your loved one's killed and demons have taken over your city, obviously, in Hell, you failed to destroy the source of the invasion.

Halfway To Hell will feature new monsters, new sprites, new weapons, and a deep storyline.

It's release date is currently unknown.

If you want to join/comment or ask questions about this mod, please post here.

I suppose I could have, but so many people had already commented on what I said in that post, then it wouldn't make sense to people reading it.

Because he isn't a proper mapper, he isn't helping out on the full mod, I just asked him to do Map01, and he was like, alright.

Yeah, i'll post some pictures tommorow... 12:30 AM is a bit late to be sorting out piccys.

I could probably do a bit of mapping but I have no experience doing ZDoom mapping. I could maybe do the map and somebody else could add in features...

Ok, sounds good, do you have any IM utilitys? Only the outdoor levels really need slopes, the base's and house's rooms will be stairs...

Just thought some of you might like to know, i'm trying to get my hands on a C++ programmer to edit the Zdoom source so vehicles are possible, I will inform you all on any information.

Unconscious said:

Just thought some of you might like to know, i'm trying to get my hands on a C++ programmer to edit the Zdoom source so vehicles are possible, I will inform you all on any information.

... Vehicles are possible without modding the source...

Also, call on me if you need a scripter + DeHacker.

Darkhaven said:

... Vehicles are possible without modding the source...

In Zdoom? No.
The ones in Action Doom was smart ass scripting, but if we're talking about real vehicles You get in and drive/fly-those aren't possible. Maybe with some cheating, like adding a cockpit of a plane to the player's view and making him fly.

Unconscious said:

Just thought some of you might like to know, i'm trying to get my hands on a C++ programmer to edit the Zdoom source so vehicles are possible

Heh, good luck pal. Programmers are even more rare than artists :) Thankfully I have one.

Nmn said:

In Zdoom? No.
The ones in Action Doom was smart ass scripting, but if we're talking about real vehicles You get in and drive/fly-those aren't possible. Maybe with some cheating, like adding a cockpit of a plane to the player's view and making him fly.

Heh, good luck pal. Programmers are even more rare than artists :) Thankfully I have one.

I was thinking more along the lines of:

Approach a sprite.
Press action.
Switches to third person.
and your skin becomes the vehicle.

Sounds pretty simple.

Unconscious said:
Approach a sprite.
Press action.
Switches to third person.
and your skin becomes the vehicle.

Skin changing via acs isn't possible.
Yeah, it's sad, I have a ton of uses for it.

Nmn said:

Skin changing via acs isn't possible.
Yeah, it's sad, I have a ton of uses for it.

Who said anything about ACS? D3U is going to program it into Zdoom itself.

Unconscious said:

Who said anything about ACS? D3U is going to program it into Zdoom itself.

Who/What is D3U?

Nmn said:

Who/What is D3U?

D3U [Doom 3 Unlimited] is the website/ modding crew I started up a few years back, it consists of:

Wad'a'Holics
Axems Kingdom
Unconscious
Nothingisttrue

We create mods for Doom, and hopefully in the near future, Doom 3.

Just be sure to take off strafing and make it go faster, if that is possible; otherwise it'd be no different from the ghostbusters doom vehicle. A flying vehicle sounds awesome, that is, if it is at all possible. Anyways, good luck, maybe you can pull some resources from Zoom (the wad).