Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Rufus

Army of Darkness Total Conversion WAD help.

Okay, I downloaded the AOD TC WAD for a Doom Collection (Doom 1, Doom 2, TNT WAD, Plutonium WAD, all in the Doom95 interface) and whenever I start up the AODDOOM1.WAD with DOOM1, the game begins, music starts, then it closes. I tried it with all the other games on there, and alone, but it either closes itself or has an "R_InitTextures: Missing patch in texture BRNBIGC" error.

What should I do?

But I'm running Windows 98...?

I downloaded another file of the WAD and it had about ten ZIP files in it, each one with a WAD. I unzipped them all to the same folder, but I don't know which one to run and on what level, and none of them work that I've tried anyway.

Jeez, I thought all I had to do was download the WAD and pick it.

Doom95 doesn't accept dehacked patches. That is regardless of the operating system. Dehacked is something that works on the DOS exes by hacking them directly, while most modern ports have support for dehacked patches built in as a deliberate feature.

You may also be getting problems because you'd need to run deusf over the wad before using it with Doom95. But the dehacked issue will kill any attempt to run it with Doom95 in any case.

I'm not sure exactly which version of the AOD TC you've got, but in general to use it with a port, the syntax is something like:

port -file wadname1.wad wadname2.wad -deh dehname.deh

where "port" is the name of the port's exe file, wadname1, wadname2, ... is the list of filenames of the wads needed (however many there are), and dehname is the filename of the dehacked patch.

ZDoom will let you select all related files and drag and drop them onto the EXE or a shortcut to it and load them that way without ever dealing with the command line.

Drag and drop was introduced in Boom, and is supported by several modern ports. However, you don't have control over the order in which the files are loaded. Often this doesn't matter, but sometimes it causes it not to work at all.