Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Tormentor667

[Music] Looking for Soundfonts

Well, these days I play around with oldgame midis and several MIDI 2 WAVE programs, to make them sound much better on my f*cking soundcard (AC*97, die!) and well, the only thing left now are several good soundfont files, I can play around with. So, I heard about this FLUID soundfont and also another very well known soundfont for doom midis which's name I unfortunately I forgot. Do you have other soundfonts in mind? Where can I get those and the mentioned ones? Please links and stuffage would be great :)

eh...maybe he doesn't HAVE an add-in sound card? Besides, you'd need at least a Sound Blaster Live! to use an immense soundfont such as Fluid.

Bloodshedder said:

eh...maybe he doesn't HAVE an add-in sound card?

AC97 is used by addin motherboard cards. I have it and had the same midi problem.

Guess there may be a few cards with AC97..

Soundfonts suck. Creative's MIDI system is fubar. Go down the road of Soundfonts if you want to completely waste your time and possibly money.

Well that's certainly a turnaround from not so long ago. What brought that on?

It's a flawed system with arbitrary limitations. Its hardware environmental "effects" can be done better and faster with software programs with minimal CPU consumption. Unfortunately, most software utilities that have these abilities are very specific in their implementation and not all-purpose.

BlackFish said:

AC97 is used by addin motherboard cards. I have it and had the same midi problem.

What? I know that. Motherboard sound isn't called "add-in", it's "on-board". Add-in applies to cards that are separate and plug into an expansion slot.

Guess there may be a few cards with AC97..

I know of no add-in sound cards that use AC97. Even motherboard makers are migrating from AC97 to the latest Realtek chip, or in the case of nForce motherboards, using its APU.

Tormentor667 said:

several MIDI 2 WAVE programs

are there any programs you recommend? i'd like a good midi converter.