Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dsm

Apparently, there are Q4 screenies here

...But I sure can't find them - see if you can. I hear they're basically from that PC Gamer article that got a load of screenies, so nothing new really, but at least they should be legal to link to now.

Oh yeah, the link!
http://gamesdomain.yahoo.com/feature/57067

Eh? 2 Screens (thumbnails) are easily visible under the text. I think I've seen the first one, not sure about the second. With Doom 3 as te bar, neither look particularly visually astounding. Although the lighting seems more ambient than the gloom of doom3.

Edit: Direct links here -

http://gamesdomain.yahoo.com/feature/57067/screenshot/57327
http://gamesdomain.yahoo.com/feature/57067/screenshot/57328

From all the media I've seen it looks like its going to be a great game. Some thing like vehicles and co-operative team play. Also the character design is very well done.

Wow, it looks exactly like Doom 3 with some different monsters! Even the marines look similar to those of Doom 3.

AgentSpork said:

Wow, it looks exactly like Doom 3 with some different monsters! Even the marines look similar to those of Doom 3.

Yeah. I wish they'd have shown off something a little more exciting than this.

Szymanski said:

Doom3 engine

I hope they use it better...

Ya, this looks almost exactly like Doom 3. There's definitely more work to do...

"NEWS: Quake 4 takes place on a research facility on Mars"

These are only two shots. Other screens that are PC Gamer are a little better of a representation. Oddly enough they used a almost similar Marine model in another screenshot in PC Gamer. Had the same head.

AirRaid said:

Eh? 2 Screens (thumbnails) are easily visible under the text.

Yeah, I've noticed a "field" underneath the text that I suppose could house some small thumbnails, but there are absolutely no thumbnails whenever I check out the feature.

Must be the version of my browsers (tried with both IE and Opera) that refuse to load the images and the links.

Thanks for the direct links AirRaid.

The screenies look decent, nothing spectacular, but I do like the marine armour (disappointed about their boots though - the leaked model shots had marines with some far more badass looking boots).

I must confess that my interest in quake 4 has dwindled considerably. I'm not overly enthusiastic about drivable vehicles and AI team mates to begin with, but they're threatening to have heavy emphasis on it, which means that the game is likely going to be almost unbearable to get through, unless this stuff is implemented in a really ground-breaking new way that doesn't annoy me.

Also, the new gun designs are dull imo (referring to that PC gamer article) - where's my beloved black, boxy drum-fed shotgun from Quake 2? What the Hell is up with putting a 'standard' shotgun into this game and giving it a boring clip?
And that machinegun...totally uninteresting design. The sleek, compact one in Quake 2 is so much more badass than this generic-looking machinegun.

What interests me the most is monster designs. Like DSM said about the leak model screens, had some awesome monsters. One strogg comes in mind that looks like floating steal coffin with a head and being controlled by a fetus. That was one thing I wasn't too fond of in Q2 was all the stroggs look like plain men with implants ,excepted a few. Since all we seen in Quake 2 was human stroggs, what do native stroggs look like?

Seen the screenies shown above. Whilst i quite like the strogg designs and have no qualms with the environment, i don't think i like the designs for the marines. They just don't feel too Quakish to me. Same could go for the weapon designs. Where's the bigass chunky shit i grew to love from the previous quake games?

I dunno if i'm too keen on the supposed amount of cooperation with computer controlled teammates (well i could always shoot them if they aren't any good or i'm feeling particularly evil). I mean for an special occasions yes, but not on a regular basis. On the plus side as far as modern AI goes it would be cool to interact with the fellow marines rather than seeing them as POWs\fresh meat where they just yell "Help! Make it stop! It hurts!" or bleet (yes bleet).

Similar things could be said about the supposed amount of vechile riding i suppose, though on a personal note, if the driving is anything like that of HL2, it'll means my vechile will roll and turn with me in it, which will mean motion sickness on my behalf (don't ask).

An additional note i hope we have more variety in the designs in the monsters. I mean in Quake 2 the designs are cool to start off with but after a while it's just one evil bald-headed cyborg git after another.

Technician said:

What interests me the most is monster designs. Like DSM said about the leak model screens, had some awesome monsters. One strogg comes in mind that looks like floating steal coffin with a head and being controlled by a fetus. That was one thing I wasn't too fond of in Q2 was all the stroggs look like plain men with implants ,excepted a few. Since all we seen in Quake 2 was human stroggs, what do native stroggs look like?

That I do agree on, but I haven't seen much of any of those awesome critters in the screenies, except the cool three-eyed guy with a chaingun mounted on its shoulder. They changed the marines (which I certainly don't mind, because I actually like the new marine designs better for the most part), they could easily have changed some of the early monster designs too.

MRB_Doom said:

Groundbreaking? No way. Worth buying for the sake of SP? Maybe. Quakeworld is still my home.

Right on, man. Do you frequent challenge-tv.com much?

gargoylol said:

Is it me or is the first strogg gay or so? His nipples look tweaked out, and in the wrong place on his chest too.

What are you talking about cheap! That beast is queer eye for the straight guy. Sexy man gut!

On follow up to monster designs, I wonder what boss it will have. Hope not another monster with a rail gun for a head and a brain in its belly. Yuk

And there better be water in that game and strogg sharks. Doom 3's engine has water effects in it. They just never used it.

Technician said:
On follow up to monster designs, I wonder what boss it will have. Hope not another monster with a rail gun for a head and a brain in its belly.[/B]

Don't diss Makron. He's the only FPS boss I would say is cute. :(