Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
capgamer

How to use mods in CE

Could anyone help a poor noob out with using the .wad mod files with the Doom Collectors Edition?
I can select a "Custom WAD File" with no problem but when I actually play the game(s) nothing is different. The one I've been trying to use is called "kroz.wad" and it is supposedly a skin reminiscent of ZZT.
Thanks to anybody who can help.

Is it this one? If so, you'll notice that it says near the top of the text-file:

Advanced engine needed : ZDoom, Eternity, Legacy, Skulltag

Doom2.exe and Doom95 (the one that comes with Doom Collectors Edition) are not considered "advanced engines" in this context. Try using one of the ports referred to if you want to use this skin. In general, it helps to read the text-file before trying to use something.

If you don't know where to find ports, then there are some useful links here. Some of the direct download links aren't entirely up to date (or are to experimental versions), so I'd suggest clicking on the link to the port's homepage to make sure you get the latest version, or the most stable one.

I'm glad to see you're interested in my skin. You should know that I literally threw it together in a couple of hours, so don't expect it to be very good (though you probably don't expect much from a skin based an ASCII char).