Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Prometheus50

When I receive the radio message for help from someone.....

Okay so I looked back and apparently we don't fine him.

How about the scientist working the computer before that part? Was I supposed to do something with this chap? He didn't seem very eager to leave that room as everytime I clicked on him he said he had work to do.

Prometheus50 said:

Is he the guy with the latern which dies?

At one point before that someone sends a message asking for help. Is it him?

I don't think you ever will find him (I sure haven't found him yet). It's one of those things in D3 that's supposed to be messing with your head and get you looking for possible survivors only to find none.

i like how ID mixed in 'atmosphere' effetcs like that, yet they didn't make it too confusing where I would be running around a maze looking for this storage room.

I knew that if I was to find him, it would be on my way to finishing the map, so I didn't sweat it. But the screams you could hear after are a nice touch. :-)

The radio messages at the beginning of the Demon outbreak were fantastic. One of the things I really like about Doom 3. Makes you feel like you're in a warzone.

Exactly. I really didn't expect the sound to captivate me the way it has. I was of course expecting fantastic graphics, but the sound trumps that overall imo.

Garbled radion messages for help, cries, screams, voices, movement. Coupled with the darkness it makes for a FANTASTIC gaming experience. Gaming survival horror at it's best.

Prometheus50 said:

Garbled radion messages for help, cries, screams, voices, movement. Coupled with the darkness it makes for a FANTASTIC gaming experience. Gaming survival horror at it's best.

And quite true to the backstory for Doom 1 :-)
The radio transmissions quite reminded me of Quake 2, but the D3 ones are just infinitely better and much more unsettling than the apparently indifferent voices in Quake 2.

But like Kaiser said, they should've used them a bit more. There should have been the odd, occasional radio transmision in Administration and even an occasonal rare transmission in the later Alpha maps.

But I suppose Id wanted to get quickly to the part where you feel all alone like in classic Doom.

/Me hopes we get more such radio transmissions in RoE.