Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I dont know if you know this but Dark Arena IS Doom maps.

They were made by Doomers. The entire game is a Doom clone.

You could probably have emailed the authors and just gotten the original levels from them.

i wish i had finished my map for dark arena, but the way the texturing had to be done for the maps sucked big time.

Your joking about the Doomers making the maps arnt you?

i suppose the huge restrictions that gba must have stoped them from being in any way creative.

No, the company actually mailed us and asked us to put out some notice they were looking for mappers. The maps are literally Doom maps with Doom monsters and Doom weapons and Doom textures that were just converted into their game somehow.

Ok, but I was not aware of another game using the Doom engine (Or GBA version of it). I thought Dark Arena used the same engine as Duke Nukem GBA or Ecks vs. Sever used. The company that made Dark Arena is not the same as either company that made Doom and Doom 2 for GBA, and the engines in both of those perform fairly differently, so I don't know which one it uses (Unless I'm wrong in assuming that it does use the Doom engine, which is why I asked).

Well, if it makes anyone happier, I will discontinue the remake if you desire it so. I didn't think I'd get so many flames in one day. The only reason I started doing it is because I liked the map design, and that's the only reason I played through the original.

Shaviro said:

Yeah I worked on that game. Made a couple of horrible levels and got paid too.

My mum was wrong, being lazy does pay off

Darkhaven said:

My mum was wrong, being lazy does pay off

Ah yes, but it isn't enough being lazy - you'll need to be lazy in a smart way if it is to pay off.