Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jacknife

Favorite Boss Battle

What is your favorite ending boss battle in a wad? Mine would have to be the zdoom community project 1 Oblivion Lord. That was amazing.

Yup, Sonic Doom's boss battles are all pretty sweet, but I'm having a shit load of trouble trying to beat the skull temple zone. Not because it's too hard or anything, I just can't find out where to go after you get to the cathedral and kill everything in it.
And Action Doom was pretty damn sweet also, that car chase scene blew me away.

The bosses in Claustrophobia (Virgil) were also cool, very RPG-ish.

There should be a wad with a boss battle like Contra 3 (SNES) level 4 (the huge flying ship and missiles). Best boss ever.

SSWolfenSie said:

Super Sonic DooM's 2 Plasma Cyberdemons. It was cool.
(now im in volcano zone 1).

The Mini-Cyberdemons don't really count as bosses.

Jacknife said:

Yup, Sonic Doom's boss battles are all pretty sweet, but I'm having a shit load of trouble trying to beat the skull temple zone. Not because it's too hard or anything, I just can't find out where to go after you get to the cathedral and kill everything in it.
And Action Doom was pretty damn sweet also, that car chase scene blew me away.

*SPOILERS*
Between the seating area and the cyberdemons there should be two doors that lead down a room full of coffins. Just go down andtake all the items and zombies will pop out of the coffins, kill them and go back up, then you will fight the cyberdemons and procede to the next level. :)

Uh, what about the purple key doors, and yeah, I killed the cyberdemons and the zombies.

He means act 2 I think. In which case you've missed a room, go back to the blood pool you emerged from after the first bit and go through the door opposite. (bringing your sandopolis memories with you)

Thanks for the info. I didn't see the key hanging from the ceiling in the blood pool room.

Action Doom's endings (both of them) ruled beyond belief. The giant Giygas-type thing was cool at first (the largest real boss in a Doom game), then when it came back at the helicopter and freaked me out beyond belief (kudos to Scuba for doing that)...and the secret boss on Contra mode also ruled.

My favourite boss battle was with D'Sparil the Serpent Rider in Heretic1.
I ended up breaking my dad's track-ball mouse as I was using it for making quick turns to chase the teleporting wizard around the huge courtyard.
That was both sad and funny at the same time :p

DarkJedi188 said:

My favourite boss battle was with D'Sparil the Serpent Rider in Heretic1.

That's not really a "wad" now is it?

Scuba Steve said:

That's not really a "wad" now is it?

Sorry, I didn't realize that you were talking only about PWADs, I thought you were talking about all WADs in general.

Heretic is its own game. If Heretic bosses were viable answers in a thread about best boss battle in a classic doom wad, then we could also count Quake 2 or Doom 3.

the box slug, because he's the box slug :D

even tho the final-final boss is cooler

Scuba Steve said:

Heretic is its own game. If Heretic bosses were viable answers in a thread about best boss battle in a classic doom wad, then we could also count Quake 2 or Doom 3.

Ah, but he didn't say "classic doom wad", he just said "wad"...

Anyway, on topic: The bosses in Massmouth 2, Action Doom and Super Sonic DooM.

Best offical boss battle .. the first time fighting the Heresiarch in Hexen. He was a badass.

Best unoffical would be the final Action Doom boss. Cause damn. :P

impClaw said:

Ultimate doomer, you made the sonic wad right, how did you made the last boss (firestarter) flicker.

I made his colour translation change every fraction of a second with a repeating script:

script 9 open		// The Firestarter

{
	delay (2);
	CreateTranslation (30, 112:127=32:47, 152:159=128:143, 9:12=236:239);
	delay (2);
	CreateTranslation (30, 112:127=169:191, 152:159=128:143, 9:12=236:239);
	delay (2);
	CreateTranslation (30, 112:119=220:223, 120:127=232:235, 152:159=128:143, 9:12=236:239);
	delay (2);
	CreateTranslation (30, 112:127=208:223, 152:159=128:143, 9:12=236:239);
	delay (2);
	CreateTranslation (30, 112:127=160:167, 152:159=128:143, 9:12=236:239);
	delay (2);
	CreateTranslation (30, 112:127=224:231, 152:159=128:143, 9:12=236:239);
	Restart;
}