Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Do0m3

Ati readeon 9600 pro help?

I Just got a brand new video card its a Ati readeon 9600 pro i had best buy install it graphics look great running smooth but all of a sudden i get this error???

Please tell ATI technologies about this
The generated error report contains only system information such as driver version,AGP settings,graphics frame buffer size ect. that will be used to analze the problem. this report will be treated as confidentail and anonymous

VPU Recover has reset your graphics accelerator as it was no longer responding to gaphics driver commands .

WTF does this mean!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

and when i try to send error report this happens

The host 'Nate' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'Nate', Server: 'Nate', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D

Ok, I had a Radeon 9600XT (pretty much the same thing, except one step above) and I was getting insane problems like my computer rebooting randomly on startup, infinite loop errors, ATI drivers failing (forcing me to use Window's default drivers), and finally the inability to see anything at all when I turned my computer on. I tried everything from completly uninstalling my drivers and reinstalling them (at least 5 times) to using different cables and using VGA instead of DVI. Finally, I opened the computer, took the card out, and put it back in and voila! everything was fixed. However, about a week later I got a new card for Christmas, but I didnt have any problems for that week, and the problem appeared to be solved for good.

I dont know if this is your problem, but as far as I can make it out VPU Recover was a feature implemented to catch the infinte loop error (the root of my problems) and reset the graphics card, in order to prevent the computer from completly crashing (as in rebooting). The Infinite Loop error can be caused by many things, software or hardware wise; in other words it is a problem that doesnt have a single cause. The error report thing as far as I can tell appears to be a separare issue (not sure about that, someone correct me if I'm wrong) but assuming your problem is the same (which it might not be so it may be wise to look into it further) this is what Microsoft would tell you about your problem when you sent the error report and clicked one of the links about info on the problem when Microsofts site pops up to confirm the error report being sent. I hope this helps :D

I assume you are using Windows XP

hey, but i would expect it to be good because "BEST BUY" installed it for me should i take it back to them or should i call ati because i am not good with installing it i tried i and was so lost

thanx for the help btw

you should probably take it back to best buy and tell them you had problems with it, and they can check it out. Also, you can try calling ATI, for extra help, but Bestbuy will open your computer up for you and work on it which is why I suggested them first since you dont want to do it yourself.

what computer is it?
we have had a number of issues with cards in "mass made" systems not made for gaming. like HP, compaq and emachine. in which case the soultion was usally an upadte to the BIOS.

also just as bad is the fact you may need a more powerful powersupply. at least 300 watt, recomend 400watt. if you have a 200 watt or something like that then upgrade that too.

i have never had any issues with my 9600XT, basicly same as the pro.

and how can i figure out how much powersupply i have?
because im trying to make mine a "Good gaming machine"

but i only get that error when i try to play doom3 it ran through fine with games like far cry and half life 2

When do you get that error? When you start doom3 up, in the middle of the game, when?

chances are the power supply is NOT above 300 watt. I rarely see any system we sell above that line. it is recommened that you do add a better power supply in there if it is below 300.

we have had issues with some systems not taking newer graphics cards. however these where 6800, x800 and 9800 cards. in which case the solution was usally a BIOS flash or update. we have had this issue mostly in emachine and sony computers.

PS it will tell you if you look at the power supply.

as far as gaming systems go you really should have built it your self.

i have an ati radeon 9550 56mb vid card and my dom installed fine and all my drivers are updated but when i start doom it freezes onthe load screen and i get an error message.

Ixnatifual said:

9600 is actually worse than 9500. I think that goes for 9600 Pro as well.

True. The 9600 series has only 4 renduring pipelines, while the 9500 has 8. While the 9600 series has dramatically higher clocks and a newer core, the 9600xt is the only 9600 series card that can come close to beating a 9500 series card.

This thread makes my head hurt.

Anyway, I have a Radeon 9600 Pro in my machine and it works fine. I'd suggest taking it back to Best Buy and getting them to fix it if you have no computer knowledge.