Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Johnatone

Can you name this movie?

Hey ho all, Happy fuckin' New Year!

I went out yesterday for a game of Magic (a new favourite addiction) and during my travels came across this strange movie.

I got to the movie somewhere halfway or a third of the way through, I couldn't tell. I was really fucking high, and the movie made no sense until the end when I figured it all out. But I was hoping someone would recognize what it is based on the information I have.

1) It's a cartoon, in the pop type of animation fluent in the late 70's eighties, done with coloured pencils. It looks like School House Rock or Heavy Metal, basically.

2) The plot seemed to follow this guy named Grant (I think) who had this thing in the back of his neck and could do all sorts of crazy shit to anything. He appears on this talk show with this comedian and a corporate guy finds out Grant has a lymph that lets him do this shit, so he sends out an army to kidnap Grant. Grant turns the General of the army into a lizard. At the end three guys, the comedian, the general and the corporate guy cut out the lymph and each put it in his own head and die in excrutiating painful ways (the show was very graphic). The comedian's body split in half, the lizard general exploded, and the corporate guy's head swelled into a ballon and was popped by two birds flying and fucking at the same time. There were also some strange musical numbers. In the end a dog ate the lymph and Grant and his wife drove off and had sex.

3) It has been shown on Cinemax (that's where this movie was recorded from).

I myself am going to try to get a hold of that movie, but if anyone has any information on it, please help me out. Thanks.

Oh yeah, I'll update this if I think of anything else that might help my search.

Its "I married to a strange person" Good movie from HBO (1998) All animation was done buy hand. Each frame. I can't remember the artist. I'le find out.

EDIT: Done by Bill Plympton. He has done lots of odd and weired syk trip animations .

Awesome, thanks.

The IMDB is my god (and I was seraching randomly for it, so I found it after you gave me the title. Heh.) and revealed this:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119346/?fr=c2l0ZT1kZnxteD0yMHxzZz0xfGxtPTIwMHx0dD1vbnxwbj0wfHE9SSBNYXJyaWVkIEEgU3RyYW5nZSBQZXJzb258aHRtbD0xfG5tPW9u;fc=1;ft=1

Personally, I found it to be very enjoyable, even if part of it was almost completely random (as I came in in the middle of it). I'll have to check it out, find it wherever I can.

I'll have to look at this more closely. Actually I believe I caught the end of it on TV one time, and thought it was really cool. I'm a sucker for good cartoons. It's a shame that disney has pretty much bastardized the artform in the last 30 years. The last cartoon movie I saw that I really liked was The Triplets of Bellevile, it seemed to recapture alot of the magic and meaning that has been missing from them lately.

Jello said:

It's a shame that disney has pretty much bastardized the artform in the last 30 years.

Watch more anime. Albeit some of it is utter crap, but it has its good points. But for the most part, yes, you're right.

If you like twisted, fucked-up cartoons that are funny as fuck, try Monkey Dust from BBC3, the first series is out in the UK on DVD, just grab it from amazon UK

Heh, I kept seeing that movie at the video store and always wondered what it was about. Now I know.

Anyway, my favorite animated movie of all time is Wizards, which I ordered a week ago and should get here in the next few days.

I first discovered Bill Plympton's work on Sundance or IFC on DirecTV during an animated short collection. Later I got onto Atom Films and found the rest but I didn't see or hear of I Married a Strange Person until like four months ago. I like his work and I've been meaning to get a tape or DVD collection of his shorts from his website, that is if it's still up.