• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Josh

Getwad question

Whenever I use getwad to get a file, it always displays the following message:

Connecting to localhost...
ERROR: Cannot connect to remote host

I've been told it's because my connection is too slow(56k, however I'm getting DSL tomorrow so it doesn't matter), but I want to know for sure. I suppose I could just wait until tomorrow to find out, but if it still displays the message then I won't know what else to do. Thanks.

Josh said:

Connecting to localhost...
ERROR: Cannot connect to remote host

I've been told it's because my connection is too slow(56k, however I'm getting DSL tomorrow so it doesn't matter), but I want to know for sure. I suppose I could just wait until tomorrow to find out, but if it still displays the message then I won't know what else to do. Thanks.

It's for some reason trying to connect to localhost (your computer), and that fails. Nothing to do with your bandwidth.

Hmm, thanks. I'll just mess around with it to see if I can get it to work.

EDIT: If any of you know what's wrong, still feel free to tell me. It loads the game servers but just tries to connect to local host every time I try to download something.

EDIT 2: It seems I can't refresh game servers either, they only appear when I first log on. I have no idea what's going on.

Ok, I fixed it. For some reason my internet connection was set to use a proxy , but there was no proxy to use. I unchecked 'use proxy' and it seems to work now.