Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Wallace

Collectors Ed. question

I was trying to play a game of Doom2 over ZDaemon, and I got the "Baddoom2" error, so I'm just wondering what version of Doom2 Collectors comes with.

oh, it says I have 1.06, but I'm pretty sure that Collectors comes with 1.9 versions of them all. I just need confirmation.

No, version 1.06 is the version of ZDaemon (the game EXE) that you're running. You have Doom Collector's Edition, which means that you have version 1.9 of Doom 2 (the game WAD file), which is required by all source-ports for guaranteed operation.

Your problem is probably unrelated to version conflicts - at least, on your end. The server might be running an older Doom 2 WAD file or version of ZDaemon, in which case the server should upgrade.

this could be true, but the problem is, each time I tried to run a Server with the Doom2 IWAD, it just, broke and gave me the baddoom2 error. it might be because I used a backup copy I got my friend to make/crack incase I lost the original and a harddisk wipe happened. but I doubt it.

oh, another piece of information, I had to move my DOOM2.WAD file to the wads folder that came with ZDaemon. could that be the problem? I had also renamed it doom2.WAD before, and switched it back.

When you renamed the doom2.wad, you changed the date stamp on it. If ZDaemon checks the date stamp to validate that you are using an unmodified iwad, then your renamed file will be rejected as a modified copy. I don't know if ZDaemon checks this, but it would not surprise me if it did, as this would be a good way to make sure everyone's game could sync properly. You should try to get a fresh installed copy of the doom2.wad and try again.

deleted/reinstalled ZDaemon and Collectors, popped Plutonia, TNT, Doom, and Doom2 into the WADS folder.

still broke. any other ideas? I don't want to have to pay another $20

Could you tell us the exact filesize of your doom 2 wad? The one you see when you click on properties. Version 1.9 is a certain size and we can double check that yours is the right size.

I have a related question. If you already have Id Anthology, is there any reason to get Collector's Doom? The versions are all the same & all correct? I know Id Anthology comes with Doom 95, is there a modified official front end that maybe works better with WIN XP or something in Collector's Doom?

No, if you have the id Anthology, then there is no reason to get Collectors Edition. id Anthology contains stuff that isn't in Collectors Edition (the DOS exes, and the Master Levels), but not the other way round.

Hmm... that size could be wrong. It's different than mine. My doom collector's edition doom2.wad wad is 14,263kb.

Can anyone confirm the right filesize?

Yes, it's 14.263KB, or 14.604.584 bytes, in size.