Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
netnomad312

CTF trouble

I'm creating a CTF map in the style of my Icebase Deathmatch map for Skulltag. I'm building it in WadAuthor and I hope to release both in one wad file.

The DM map had no scripting at all, (even for the colored lights and ice that were triggered by tripwires) but I know there's a certain script that's needed for Skulltag CTF. I copied this script into my wad, but it will never compile right. I get an error, TEAM_RED is undefined. When I create TEAM_RED and TEAM_BLUE as variables (1 and 0), it complains about T_WHITEFLAG, which I have no idea how to fix. This would suggest to me that it's missing its definitions files, but why? It has:

#include "zcommon.acs"
#include "zdefs.acs"
#include "zspecial.acs"

When I walk across the tripwires in the team-select hallway, I get script not found errors. WadAuthor also reports these lines as having "bad script numbers" when I check for errors. I've tried compiling other, completed and functional, CTF maps and they give me the same problem. What could cause this? An old version of something, maybe?

Another thing: I created a ninth script (there were 8 in the script file), open, which would use Sector_SetColor on any sector with tag 1 (to turn its lighting blue). Nothing happens at the start of the map - why is this? Does the whole thing have to compile correctly for an open script to run?

Use the zdefs.acs, the zspecial.acs and the acc.exe from the Skulltag Editing Package to be able to compile the script. And yes, all of the script code must compile to get the OPEN script working.

Okay... yeah, this is what I asked at the Skulltag forum (but it's really slow over there): how do I use these things? I have the Skulltag editing package and I extracted all the files into my WadAuthor folder - now what?

Just edit and compile them like you would normally. Its the same thing as before, just modified for Skulltag use, so it has all the skulltag things and stuff.

Erm, these errors happen WHEN I compile normally. And it also happens when I try compiling an existing, and working, CTF map. Which would suggest to me that I have an old and/or bad version of... something. But what?

Sorry to double-post, but there's a different problem now. I figured something out: the ST editing package had extracted to the wrong folder. So I put it in the right folder and tried again, and no errors are detected anymore in the script.

However... in-game, the scripts still do not work. The open script that controls the lighting doesn't execute (I could see this from where I put the P1 start), and when I cross a team-select hallway, I get P_Startscript: Unknown script 8. In WadAuthor, those lines still generate errors (bad script number), even though the scripts compiled correctly. What could be wrong now?