Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Vegeta

The Sabaoth

Well, I have finished the Vagary. Now I'm doing the Sabaoth. I just need to do the death sequence to finish it. For that I have two question.

-Does the BFG channon explodes when he dies, or it's dropped (and the player can pick it up).
-Does it has another long range attack besides the BFG?

And about the behavior, how powerful are the BFG balls that it fire? I know that you can destroy them in the air, but if you have to dodge them, are they hard?
How hard is it to beat (in DOOM terms)?

The Sabaoth has a melee attack, also when the bfg is fired, it damages the player every second when the bfg is in the player's view. I don't know if that could be pulled off. And yes, he drops the bfg when killed.

The Sabaoth can be killed with around 15 rocket blasts.. about as 3000hp (in classic doom terms)

He also moves in a pattern rather than going after the player.

The BFG acts the same way as the Quake2 BFG... and a Direct hit is pretty much an instakill. :P

kristus said:

The Sabaoth is pathetic.

Indeed?
I think he's pretty dangerous when you're not using the soul cube - yeah, he's not overly tough, but the fact that those darn pillars become electric (meaning that hiding behind them = stupid) and that his attack keeps harming you until it hits concrete (unless you're able to hit it) and that there isn't an awful lot of health laying around, I'd say he makes up for his low hp.

I had a lot more trouble with him than I had with the Vagary (which I still find difficult to defeat without suffering +75 hp of damage).

Doable. But for someone who's working on a Doom 2 -> Doom 3 conversion, it doesn't really appear that you've played it all that much.

Yeah, i've been wondering that too

Why doesn't he just buy the damn game and complete it, that way he doesn't need to ask so many questions about it. :P

gargoylol said:

Yeah, i've been wondering that too

Why doesn't he just buy the damn game and complete it, that way he doesn't need to ask so many questions about it. :P

Maybe he just can't afford it for the time being, because his comp is insufficient to run it.

Yeah, DOOM³ it's more than what my comp can handle. That's why I'm so inmersed in this mod.