Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ixnatifual

Titan UV pistol start demos

If anyone cares, I recently recorded a demo for each map in Titan on UV difficulty, pistol start (actually I recorded them even if you don't care :)). So if you want to see ways of dealing with the maps or how to find all the secrets, these are for you.

Anyone's welcome to try to beat the times. Shouldn't be very hard, since I only did the maps once and didn't care about speed.

You need ZDoom 2.0.96 to run the demos properly (http://www.zdoom.org/files/lars/96.cab).

The demos are in this zip: http://www.clawx.com/chief/titanuvdemos.zip

hmmm, I receive a lot of spam mail, so occasionally I miss a mail... but looking through my deleted items folder reveals nothing.
thanks for providiing a link, I'd hate to lose a demo.

After an hour or so I got a message from anti-virus guard that it didn't like your host, so it didn't send the mail. Perhaps it's the "cox" part, I dunno. It wasn't very informative.
Opulent edit:
hmm, odd. I know they have some domains blocked, perhaps it is due to your ISP(I'm not insinuating that the problem isn't on my end, which is probably is; just looking at possibilities).
if you care, you can always:
1) send to Grazza instead.
2) upload to the DSDA incoming ftp folder
3) post on here that you can't email me, and I can provide a different email address.

I'm a moderator on this board; for clarity I will sometimes edit posts instead of making a new one. I don't delete or edit a person's words. (if that was needed, I would delete the post entirely)

but back to the demos. these were fun to watch. some were a bit tedious, but lots of fun parts. Map09 is crazy.
well-designed maps and some of the best modified monsters ever without a doubt. My only complaint is that the maps would be quite hard without fore-knowledge of secrets... but perhaps that balances out if you play all 9 maps straight through.
good wad, good demos. thanks for sharing.

Opulent said:

I'm a moderator on this board; for clarity I will sometimes edit posts instead of making a new one. I don't delete or edit a person's words. (if that was needed, I would delete the post entirely)

From a user's perspective, new posts are nicer, though, because you get an email alert then that a thread has been updated - when you edit a post, it's harder to keep track, especially when the post you're editing is not the last post anymore.

Exactly. It was kind of random that I checked this thread, otherwise I might have never seen there was a "reply", of sorts.

It's not that I don't trust you, it's just that this is the weirdest way of replying I've ever seen!

The maps are also meant to be hard on UV. If you play normally, you'll have enough ammo even if you only find a few secrets, as long as you're careful not to waste it. But I intended UV to be, for most people, something you can replay the maps at after you've completed them on HMP. If you're really good you can probably beat them on UV in the first run without dying much, though. Thanks for the positive comments on map design :)

In the map04 demo I'm at 2 health fairly early, which may make it look pretty hard. The game where I recorded the demo is however the first time I've ever been so low on health in that map. I usually have nearly full at that point, I was just stupid and unlucky in that game.

Ixnatifual said:

In the map04 demo I'm at 2 health fairly early, which may make it look pretty hard. The game where I recorded the demo is however the first time I've ever been so low on health in that map. I usually have nearly full at that point, I was just stupid and unlucky in that game.

yeah, I was very surprised that you didn't just start over... I sometimes think the 'q' key is the one I use the most. :P

and since when has the email notification worked on here. I must have it turned off on my profile page...

Opulent said:

and since when has the email notification worked on here. I must have it turned off on my profile page...

It usually works quite nicely for me. vbulletin sometimes gets confused and doesn't add a subscription to a thread for me automatically when I post a reply, and sometimes, it seems to reset the "last read" timestamp even when I haven't actually read the new posts that accumulated, but most of the time, it works.