Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Submerge

OMG I'm going to release something!

Now that I'm actually CAPABLE, I'm working on a 5 map Deathmatch WAD Project for Zdoom. There probably won't be anything innovative or amazing about these maps, but it's still a bit of a landmark for me since it's going to by my first officially released project.

God knows when it'll be done.

Prolly late this month.

Why make a deathmatch wad for zdoom? Zdoom rarely gets used as a deathmatch port. You should either make it tailored to one of the more active deathmatch-focused ports or just make it a "doom/doom2 deathmatch" wad and leave it open to be supported by everything.

Don't worry. I'm only going to make use of simple features. Nothing that things like Zdaemon couldn't handle.

I'm more worried about how it will play than how it looks. fortunately ralphis is willing to assist me in that matter.

I understand that great detailed maps like RTC-3057 and the Vrack series are out there right now, but I'm not experienced enough to start cramming in that much detail and architechture just yet, so bear with me....

Submerge said:

I'm more worried about how it will play than how it looks. fortunately ralphis is willing to assist me in that matter.

I understand that great detailed maps like RTC-3057 and the Vrack series are out there right now, but I'm not experienced enough to start cramming in that much detail and architechture just yet, so bear with me....

You don't need to cram rooms just to make a dm level look good. Here's an example from my 5 map duel set I'm releasing soon(Resurrection).
Shot1
Shot2
Shot3
Shot4

Bloodskull said:

You don't need to cram rooms just to make a dm level look good. Here's an example from my 5 map duel set I'm releasing soon(Resurrection).
Shot1
Shot2
Shot3
Shot4

Wow, my reading glasses must be dirty, because I could have sworn this thread was about SUBMERGE making a level.

Yeah, it actually is. 5 of em, in fact. bear with me while the world crumbles. *laughs*

Bloodskull said:

Shot1
Shot2
Shot3
Shot4

OMG, that looks absolutely amazing. I think Submerge looks up to you now.

Bloodskull said:

Damn straight, and don't you forget it!

And you're actually proud of that?

Getting back on topic, I personally like how the level (Submerge's) turned out so far. Reminds me a bit of those old ass deathmatch levels like Dwango or something.

Lutrov71 said:

OMG, that looks absolutely amazing. I think Submerge looks up to you now.

It looks great, admittedly, but I've seen more detailed.

Ignore that first screenshot. That map has been scrapped and will be remade some other day when I get around to it.

And If someone is better than me, I do not look up to them. I look to myself to improve and do better.

Besides, the position is already taken. I look up to DoomBoy :P

Submerge said:

Besides, the position is already taken. I look up to DoomBoy :P

Which reminds me, that lazy bum hasn't given me a map in months. I oughta smack him a few more times.