Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AirRaid

IGN ROE Preview - New Info and Screens

There they go, stealing our ideas again.
Still, I'll probably buy it all the same :/

AirRaid said:

[...] Including "The Brusier" Which isn't the Baron of Hell. :(

Good thing: maybe people will finally stop calling the Baron for "The Bruiser".
Bad thing: we still don't know if the Baron will make an appearace.

As for the preview, some of it sounds really nice like the fact that you can pick up small enemies just as I had hoped. In other words: this Grabber might actually end up being a worthwhile addition that's not just a "copy" of HL2's Grav gun with the minor extra ability of grabbing enemy projectiles. This thing will have its own characteristics.

What I'm less pleased about is that the starting cutscene starts out this minimalistic (alone the fact that they give it away). I'd preferred that the game would start in a similar way to Doom 3: you step off of some landing craft, take control of your character and then you wander through a "friendly" environment, getting to see NPCs busy with various activities (the nature of what this team is doing would make it feel different from Doom 3) until you reach your mission objective where a cutscene could play the scene described in this preview.

Oh well, maybe the ingame storyline will make up for it - it sounds interesting enough so far.

Hate to break it to you but you can grab/deflect enemy projectiles with the HL2 Gravity Gun. And use it to grab enemies, later in the game.

Still, It'll be fun to hurl some Lost Souls around. :)

AirRaid said:

Hate to break it to you but you can grab/deflect enemy projectiles with the HL2 Gravity Gun. And use it to grab enemies, later in the game.

You can grab enemies later in the game, yes, but they're killed the instant you grab them and it is, after all, only at the end of the game (in which case you have no other weapon but the grav gun).
As far as the projectile thing, can you grab bullets with it? I don't recall having that ability in HL2, but then I haven't played it that much.

S1lent said:

Somehow... I'm looking forward to HoE more... Not really sure why :-/

Because it'll be free?

is it just me or does it look less grey then DOOM3 was (that's a good thing if it is) I'll still buy it whether it is or not but Doom3 was a little too grey.... and grey is my least favorite color.....

Actually... grey isn't a color, it's a shade. lol just thought I'd bring that up for no reason.

But ya, it seems like they made is a little more colorful than Doom 3. I'll buy it no matter what the reviews say just because I'm a Doom fan. But I still think HoE is going to offer more for some reason. It's probably just the lack of pics & videos for RoE:-/

Ayu said:

Doom3 was a little too grey....

Doom3 is much more colourful then I expected. The whole Alpha Labs has a blue theme for starters, then later Comm Transfer has orange walls, and currently I´m in the Monorail level which is rusty brown.

NiGHTMARE said:

Phobos will own them both.

Correctomundo.

AirRaid said:

You forgot the most prominent colour in Doom3, which is DARK.

;)

Well duh, doesn't change the fact that it's a very colourful game.

Oh and it should be BLACK instead of DARK if you were to be a little closer to 100% correct ;-)

"...ionized plasma levitator..."

How original, Iv'e always wanted to be able to levitate objects and use them as weapons! What a breakthrough.

Well that was the most thoughtful and useful bump of an old topic ever.

...Wait, no it wasn't.