Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doom-Child

a PDF question

This is almost certainly the wrong place to ask, but I'm criminally lazy and don't want to go find the right place.

I'm about to start working on a contract to automate the now paper workings of a hazardous waste removal service. Now, the EPA has a bunch of forms that have to be filled out, so I suggested we PDF those forms so that we can fill them out from a script without too much trouble.

The problem comes into play when printing is introduced back into the equation. The forms have a ton of legalese on the back that can't be easily printed, and besides, they're all in triplicate anyway. So what I'm wondering is if there's a way to print to a particular space from a PDF on the paper. That is, if there's a box on the form in the PDF, is it possible to print what's typed in the box without printing the whole form?

DC

I haven't tried this, but if you have Photoshop you should be able to import a .PDF and crop it.

The hard way would be to do a PrintScrn, copy into an image-editing app, and print from there.

Not really what I'm looking for. I'm trying to see if it's possible to print a PDF without printing the PDF. It's complicated, which means it probably doesn't exist, functionality-wise.

If I have a PDF with boxes that can be entered with data, I want to know if I can print what's in those boxes in the appropriate place on the page without printing the rest of the page. The alternate (and horrifying) solution is to use a dot matrix printer and programmatically move the head.

DC