Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Quigybobo

doom 95 patch?

Is there a patch for doom 95 so i can use the moded levels that I download? becaue I tried it and didn't work said I needed a patch or somethingy.

You can look there, or take a look at the collection of ports here. I reccomend Zdoom, but it's up to you.

What about for multiplayer will zdoom support that to?
or what is the easiest program for newbs to use for multiplay

Well, if you want multiplayer, try looking at SkullTag or ZDaemon, and the Doom Connector program (which helps in finding multiplayer games). Links escape me at the moment, but I'm sure you can find them at the link Bashe gave.

An inconvenient, yet simple method is to create a batch file in your ZDoom folder. Something like this:

zdoom -file xxx.wad -deathmatch -altdeath -dmflags 1004544 -dmflags2 0 -warp 01 -skill 2 -host y

will start a multiplayer host for y players with the custom wad xxx.wad and start in map01.

Any client will have to do the same, except substitude "-host y" by -join IP, where IP is the IP address of the host.

This will enable multiplayer in ZDoom without the need of 3rd party programs. Now, if you absolutely don't know what I'm talking about, you should try out the programs WildWeasel suggested. Doom Connector is quite comfortable; never used ZDaemon/Skulltag, though.

doom95 is trash, disgaurd it like a used tampon and grab a real man's port (or real woman's port if you are female)

doom95 has alot of issues and zdoom fixes many of the original bugs and adds features to the doom game. such as look up/down, jumping, high res textures and many more. many new maps use some of these features or take advantage of bug fixes from the original. like visplane overflow errors are now a thing of the past.

online play is great with doom connector, and you dont have to mess with command line stuff.