Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
l33t_bomber

Problems with ZDoom 96

yeah i downloaded the latest version of zdoom in my other comp running win 98 se last week. the 1st time i run it with all the wads and mods i want to play and its working fine. the 2nd time i run it, it freezes in the loading screen. it does that in this comp as well. i had to turn off the comp and do it again. why? is there something that can prevent it?

I'm sure at one point ZDoom will stop working on Windows 98.

Well if ZDoom's still going strong in the year 2020 or so, I think it would be rather stupid to expect it to support a two decade old OS ;).

so what do you think is the problem with my zdoom? btw the other comp is loaded with win xp home but i often use the win 98 comp for doom and the other one for internet gaming but theres no doom loaded in this comp.

Scuba Steve said:

It had damn well better not.

Don't use these newfangled zdooms, just stick with 63a.

.96 works perfectly fine on my 98 machine. And I suspect it's the poster's problem, not Zdoom. And I predict Zdoom will continue to run under 98 for as long as it exists.

Actually, i have the same problem on my 98 machine. Any version of zdoom beyond 1.22 won't work. The program will load and run in the background (you can see it in task manager) but the zdoom window will not appear and have to end task the darn thing.

even downgrading it to .63a its still freezes on me the 2nd time i run it. so basically im out of luck :( i may have to dig deeper through to my windows system files and update them manually. thats just my last resort solution if any of them methods i tried didnt work as usual.

"63a = teh p3rfect" people = pwned

Anyway, have you tried posting about your problem on the ZDoom forums? The people there (especially the guy who actually codes the thing ;)) may be more qualified to figure out what exactly's going on