Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
madskillzchekka

Looking for experienced modders

madskillzchekka, before you start asking for help on your new mega-cool-and-whatnot project, make sure you have something to show first (screenshots, map downloads, etc). Keep in mind we've already seen thousands of upcoming projects that actually never got done.

The reason I am here is to find help. I can't provide screenshots, map downloads, etc. with out good modders. Not to mention I am not ready to give away my concept either.

No need to flame me and your response is not very welcoming. I hope your not a mod or ambassador for this forum because if you are I can to the wrong place looking for help.

You should have more respect for new visitors

If you think he's being rude you've got another thing coming.. Its just that there seems to be a trend that people go on about their new 32 map megawad with new weapons, monsters, textures and then they ask for help....

If you want people to be intrested you are going to have to give some of your concept away, and then prove that you have atleast got the basics of you project already done...

Madchecka-we appreciate Your faith in our community of talented modders but consider that almost all of them are working on their own projects as we speak. To join Your project it should be something attractive for modders to look forward to and consider worthy spending their time. You have not given a concept. Do You have one? If You're planning on getting a team that will do everything for You You're in for a sad surprise. Furthermore, if You're only going to toss a concept and count all the ones on Your team will be working while You impatiently watch their progress You're in for an ever bigger sad surprise.

madskillzchekka said:

The reason I am here is to find help. I can't provide screenshots, map downloads, etc. with out good modders. Not to mention I am not ready to give away my concept either.

Why not download DB, xwe and dehacked and all that jazz and get cracking on some wads? Upload them to /newstuff. If you can make some halfway passable levels or can show that you can provide more than just ideas (or non-ideas in this case), people might become more interested.

So basically you want a bunch of people from here to make your mod for you, but won't tell them what it is. Brilliant.

I can understand that people may be working on their own mods/projects. And I never came here to claim that my idea was the almighty gift to the world of Doom. I would never expect other people to do all the work. I am highly skilled in photoshop and other design suites so there is plenty I would be doing. I simply came here to ask for some help with the possibility of some interest so I could make contacts and discuss what I want to do. I actually think I have a original idea and I am not willing to divulge it at this time. This was probably a mistake coming to this community and asking for help. The majority of replies have been negative which is sad. I chose a Doom community to ask for help because I think the engine would compliment what I have in mind. I have been part of GR and BF communities and never have I seen such attitudes like I have seen here. Again I am new here and I only asked for help or for a few interested people to contact me.

I wonder how many of you actually have real jobs in the corporate world because if you new anything about networking you would know not to be an azz because you never know when someone could help you in turn. Anyway thanks for nothing and you guys can get back to flaming new guests.

Now hold on.

First of all, it's never a mistake to come to our community. You've done a good thing-that's first. We always welcome guests, but You must forgive us, we've sometimes been having guests who wanted help on their projects without giving any details on them. It's not we dislike the people, but the fact a lot of such projects never get done and it's our disapoinment. Now.

Who's flaming who? No one's flaming You, we're just telling You the facts. If we had said-there are a lot of people here to help You-we would lie. We are telling You the facts, the reality can be brutal, nothing can be done.

How skilled are You in Photoshop? Are You also skilled in Fine-Art or is it just Web and Interface designs? I'm curious.

What about this idea? Even if You are going to reveal a tiny bit of information on it it WILL be helpful. It's not like You have to post the whole script for Your new mod and all concepts-if You don't want to spoil surprises-that's very fine, but giving a rough concept of Your idea will be very helpful.

The fact a lot of us are not employed in the gaming industry (at least As far as I know) does not change a single fact that we may be skilled an talented. Some of us SHOULD work at companies, it's only a matter of time before their talents will be uncovered (uhh, not hypocriticism intended ;) ) I understand that someone new not necessarily must be a newbie knowing nothing on modding. If You have decent skillz-how about showing some of our work? Here's a challenge-convince us.

If You're going to leave, it's Your way, but if You do stay, You'll spend Your free time in a much greater way. And remember-we always welcome mods. :)

madskillzchekka said:

I chose a Doom community to ask for help because I think the engine would compliment what I have in mind.

And that would be what? Do you even have a particular port in mind? The pros and cons of each one...what they are able to do, and what you and your skills and able to do with them? Why you intend on keeping your idea secret...i don't know. You think someone is going to steal your idea? Please.

Anyway thanks for nothing and you guys can get back to flaming new guests.

I gave you excellent advice. But you're probably unwilling to start slow and small and get the basics down.

Trying to find people to help with your project, unless you know them personally, is like trying to find good qualities in Paris Hilton: It's next to impossible. You'd best either do it yourself, or have friends help you.

madskillzchekka said:
Anyway thanks for nothing and you guys can get back to flaming new guests.

Cool. Go troll somewhere else, guest.