Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DoomDan

Anyone planning to get Resident Evil 4??

Are you getting RE4??  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Are you getting RE4??

• Yes
    • Maybe
    • No
    • WTF is Resident Evil???

Latest popular game series game gets a good review? Oooo

I thought RE2 was weak sauce when it first came out...and every other game that ripped off of it.

Uh, horrible controls, just fucking pitiful...and oh god, the pointless and vague puzzles. IIRC, it was a copy of silent hill 2 (or 3, like it matters anyway) that a friend of mine broke because of one of the puzzles. He tried getting me to figure it out and I told him to go fuck himself after I watched him stuggle for over an hour.

I might once it comes out for PS2... I really don't feel like dealilng with the GameCube controller.

It seemed interesting at first, but I really don't have any interest in the game what with other, higher-profile games currently stealing my interest and funds right now (my own copy of HL2, Doom 3, Metroid Prime 2, MGS3, World of Warcraft...)

I was thinking of buying until I heard Doom3 might be on XBOX by March 1st. I also watched those six minute gameplay videos on gamespot and I didn't get much more than a 'rental' vibe from it after that.

I'm going to rent it first and see if it's worth it. It sounds like it will get boring fast, however, and I really don't think fans of the series will go for the game seeing as how it has nothing to do with the t-virus or the Umbrella corporation, even if the controls and save system are better and the puzzles aren't so obtuse. From what I've heard, though, the braindead villagers are basically zombies, except alive and they tend to use weapons.

Coopersville said:

I was thinking of buying until I heard Doom3 might be on XBOX by March 1st.

Same with me.I only have enough for one game and im getting Doom 3 [unless the Xbox port turns out like Unreal 2 for Xbox, in other words, bad]

The game controls nothing at all like the other games in the series. If you're going to assume and bash on it, at least look up a little bit about it.

I just can't stand the GameCube controller period. It's not just controls for that particular game... It's just that I find the PS2 and XBOX controllers to be better laid out and made. Besides, like MGS, I've always played RE on the PlayStation and I plan to keep it that way.

Besides, I didn't say anything before about the game's controls. I said I didn't feel like "dealing with the GameCube controller."

Up until about RE: 3 and Code: Veronica, the series was looking like it was going in a good direction after a rocky start. I liked how the plot twisted and turned and generally was pretty engaging.

It got overmarketed something harsh after that though, and the series got watered down to pretty much nothingness. RE4 looks like it'll be a decent game, but my new favorite RE vein is the novels. Now THOSE are enjoyable.

S1lent said:

It's just that I find the PS2 and XBOX controllers to be better laid out and made.

I didn't realize that ngc controllers were crumbling in peoples hands.

I don't know what your guys' problems are with the controls. I like them. and my Brother's after RE4, so I probably won't need to get it.

I switches RE and MGS to the GCN when my PS2 broke. I was fine. and I acctually find the GCN layout simpler the the X-Box. (I own all three)

I personally believe the GC controller is superior to the PSX controller. It's better suited for the human hand and the button layout is pratically the exact same as the PSX. Also, as always you can throw a nintendo controller at the wall and not have the controller break.

DoomDan said:

Same with me.I only have enough for one game and im getting Doom 3 [unless the Xbox port turns out like Unreal 2 for Xbox, in other words, bad]

I actually own unreal 2 for xbox...:(

Anyways, i'll probly rent RE4, because my money's for D3.

I dont know what some of you guys are talking about.From what I heard RE4 controls nothing like the previous games.

And I personally like the GC controller.Its alot better then the Xbox one IMO.

Same with me.The "Big" controller works really well with First Person Shooters [for a console, anyway].Playing Halo 2 with the default Xbox controller=Gaming heaven.

gatewatcher said:

I didn't realize that ngc controllers were crumbling in peoples hands.

I didn't realize that I said that. Did I really say that? Hold on... let me check...

S1lent said:

I just can't stand the GameCube controller period. It's not just controls for that particular game... It's just that I find the PS2 and XBOX controllers to be better laid out and made. Besides, like MGS, I've always played RE on the PlayStation and I plan to keep it that way.

Besides, I didn't say anything before about the game's controls. I said I didn't feel like "dealing with the GameCube controller."

Hrmm... nope, I guess I didn't... nevermind then.

S1lent said:

I didn't realize that I said that. Did I really say that? Hold on... let me check...

I don't think you realize what you say.

Coopersville said:

I heard you need to play RE4 on a widescreen TV or you end up playing in some lame letterbox format. What's up with that?

Never heard about that. I doubt they would do that but it's something I'll look into.