Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Vegeta

In need of screenshots of three guns

Hi,

Once again I need the help of someone with the game for the DOOM 3 in DOOM 2 (aka DOOM 2.5) mod. Dartmerc and I we have the honour to receive help from Nmn (and may be Dsm) to make the fist, chainsaw, and soul cube. But as he (Nmn) doesn't have the game, we need someone to contribute with screenshots of the guns (in-game screenshots, and if posible in a bright area). We don't need screenshots of the whole frames sequences, just some representative screens may suffice.

Mancubus II said:

I'm sure you can find plenty of these online already...

It's useless to use screenshots found online. Most of the shots I've found are "action shots" (using the weapon best suited for the job, like the Chaingun or Plasma Gun) because no smart Doom 3 player would be daring enough to go into battle with a fist or chainsaw (nor would take a screenshot of the Soul Cube for fear of spoilers).

Why can't this be kept here?

or better yet

Kaiser said:

Instead of posting all these threads to get information on your Doom2-Doom3 project, I suggest pm'ing someone you know who has played Doom3.

I asked via pm, but I didn't get any response, I can't pm the entire users so...

I agree with Kaiser... these endless threads asking for a couple of small bits of info are getting silly. You need to keep it all in one thread, either The one Kaiser linked to, or one here. I'll rename this one to something more approriate if you like.

if ur gonna get 8fps anyways, why not take the shot with hi res textures, bumpmaps, and speculars on? the fists look much better that way.

Dojomann said:

if ur gonna get 8fps anyways, why not take the shot with hi res textures, bumpmaps, and speculars on? the fists look much better that way.

Because then he won't even get 8 FPS. He's gotta be able to pull up a weapon without the machine choking and passing out.

Okay, just in case, I got all the weapons. I also got 2 shots of the chainsaw: one in idle, the other in action.

Enjoy.

Fists
Pistol
Shotgun
Sub Machine Gun
Heavy Machine Gun
Grenade
Plasma Rifle
Rocket Launcher
BFG 9000
SoulCube
Chainsaw Idle
Chainsaw Active
Flashlight

I still had texture compression on, but not downsizing, so I think they all should be pretty much high quality. The Jpeg file format doesn't do it justice though.

Yay, thanks so much, that's sweeeet.

I promise, no more threads like this.
And yes, Airraid, please rename this thread to something like "help the DOOM 3 in DOOM 2 mod".

I know that the main thread of the project is the place to ask, but nobody seem to answer these kind of questions there.

You're welcome. I'm actually surprised, as I thought the process of converting and uploading would take forever, but I was done in like 5 minutes, Including going into the game and pressting f12 a bunch of times.

Dojomann said:

Bumps and specs are on, i'm just on an Athlon950 w/ Geforce2 64mb.

Doesn't matter anyway, cause the damn thing will be sized down and converted to a 256 color pallette.

Bumpy
Dojoman, thanks for Your help, but could You take 3-4 shots of the Soulcube? It's not we're going to rip the models to make sprites, but I'm not getting the shape of the soulcube for now and I want to learn it's form (to know what I'm drawing). Could You (or someone else) provide shots from at least 3 different angles?
Thanks in advance!