Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
flash n00b

Skin making

you don't, you use xwe for importing/exporting stuff

use a graphics editing program like paintshop

I made a nice demon skin once,but i never released it though.
It looked pretty cool it was just the demon from doom but it had purple eyes,i only made it for my own pleasure:).

dutch devill said:

I made a nice demon skin once,but i never released it though.
It looked pretty cool it was just the demon from doom but it had purple eyes,i only made it for my own pleasure:).

What app did u use to make that skin?

I know it was explained but let me just help you along a bit, XWE Manages Lumps, or data in the "wad file" basicaly a lump is is data stored in a wad file, and the "skin" is actually just a picture that has been imported in to the wadfile. The Skin MUST be nammed as the same name as the corrosponding "skin" (or sprite) as the one in the IWAD you make the skin for.

1.Lump = Changable Game Data (Sprites, Levels, Textures, Sounds, Music, Scripts)
2.Skin = Player Sprite

3.XWE=EXtendible Wad Edditor

4.Open Doom2 up with XWE, or WinTex to fuigure out the names of the sprites you want to replace. *WARNING, DONT CHANGE ANYTHING HERE*

5.Open up a map eddior, go file-new. save as my_skin1, then close the map edditor.

6.Create images for your skin, Cannot go over (being boom compatible) 128x128 8bit (right?)

7.Make Shure all the surrounding area that you "dont want to see" are cyan. (you know that light blue colour.)

8.Open XWE, and Import (i think) the files, and rename all the entrys to the corrosponding name of the picture your looking to replace as for mentioned above.

9. Save and test.

10.Enjoy
*WARNING, FINISHING STEP TEN CAUSES SEVEAR JOY, DO IT AT YOUR OWN PERIL*

flash n00b said:

What app did u use to make that skin?

I did it with XWE,i just took the original demon and changed it a littlebit,it was nothing special to look at.
I learned this skin making by loading a skin-wad from an other author into XWE and see how he did this.
I personally don't have the patience to make completely new ones though :(