Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MikeyScoots

Phobos Action Ahoy!

I've recently begun working on a E1 styled map as a start for the new year. Progress is going great, as I have some screenshots to show off. Check this out:

Best of all about this level, it's 100% doom.exe compatible. Release date is unknown but I do plan to have it done by the end of the month at least, maybe mid February.

Needs more detail. Also, your nub self uses crosshair?

Other than that looks fine. Less health more ammo plz :D

That looks pretty good. You're making nice progress Bloodskull. Guess You have to fall to ascend eh? lol. Keep up the good work and Scuba's prophecies might realise.

Meh, looks okay. Add more contrast to the light levels. For instance, in screenshot one, make the light brighter where the sky light is at.

It looks very bland without light variation. Screenshot 3 and 4 look pretty undetailed as well. Looks a little bit too... Flat.

AgentSpork said:

Meh, looks okay. Add more contrast to the light levels. For instance, in screenshot one, make the light brighter where the sky light is at.

It looks very bland without light variation. Screenshot 3 and 4 look pretty undetailed as well.

Yeah I'm trying to work on the whole detail thing about what to put in, but I think I'm getting some ideas every now and then.

Ooooo... Dang, that looks very nice. But what can I say, it's Episode 1 style. Anyways, can't wait to give this a play. Good luck on finishing it.

DD_133 said:

(...) your nub self uses crosshair?

I use crosshair too. Quite necessary when aiming vertically, with mouselook, and autoaiming disabled.

Last two shots look very bare. Try a texture change or add some physical detail.

I think, it does look a lot like E1. Especially reminiscent of E1M7.
And I also like the level of detail. Although more detail would be fine, the level already looks good, IMO.

I too think it looks Ep1-ish and the level of detail is fine for a map in that style. Looks like it should be fun to play.

Fredrik said:

Looks OK, but not remotely "E1 styled".

Agreed, using STARG doesn't make an E1 level. Also uber detail and 'E1 styled' are not synonymous, you can't have them both.

Tormentor667 said:

Great Shots :) We might need your skill in "KDiZD" .. maybe you might be interested?

Maybe, send me a pm on info about it.

Crisp & classic E1 feel seems to be fairly dominant in those pics.
Take your time making this, dude...Don't turn it into a rush job.
Could be a real kick in the long run.

DarkJedi188 said:

Take your time making this, dude...Don't turn it into a rush job.
Could be a real kick in the long run.

Well as much as I'm trying on this, school and girls keep getting in the way. Of course the map is finished right now, I'm just finishing up some touches, making it harder(almost HR hard on UV), and detailing up spots that need it badly. It's pretty much a medium-large map, and goes how E1 always goes(hit switch, go to door, hit switch do something else) only sometimes you'll get trapped in this map and have to fight your way out. I'm right now about to hit 1000 sectors amazingly, and should be a challenge for some people.
I've also got some of the instant raise tricks in this one, and the ending could very well lead to a possible sequel or complete episode with it's own story as I see it right now. I'll post some new screenshots as a teaser:

I'm still working on detail, so don't bitch about it.

Episode 1 nostalgia at its best. Great job. Just wondering, did you add any tributes, i.e. archetecture or landmarks from the original game? Even if you didn't it still looks awesome.

Jacknife said:

Episode 1 nostalgia at its best. Great job. Just wondering, did you add any tributes, i.e. archetecture or landmarks from the original game? Even if you didn't it still looks awesome.

Only tribute is the ending where you die just like in E1m8.

Scuba Steve said:

So wait, what constitutes "Episode 1 themed" then if this doesn't?

Whatever definition Fredrick pulls out of his ass.

Bloodskull said:

Only tribute is the ending where you die just like in E1m8.

Cool. My only complaint is that you didn't make this for Doom2.wad because you're leaving out the super shotgun.

Jacknife said:

Cool. My only complaint is that you didn't make this for Doom2.wad because you're leaving out the super shotgun.

Oh if I begin working on an episode replacement, it will be for Doom2(Zdoom of course). I'm leaving out alot of monsters to make it hard as well, so I see your point of perspective.

Jacknife said:

Now that's a joke, right!? Tell me it's a joke, damn it!