Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Linguica

I was bored so I made a gravity gun in zdoom

Damn you Lingucia!

/Sean Connery voice

Don't you see what's going to happen now? People will make HL2-esque maps where you have to use the gravity gun to do everything. There will be entire levels dedicated to gravity gunning. There will be lame boss battles where you need to pick up and throw barrels, which would be really impressive if I didn't do in it Super Mario Brothers 2.

First off I severely doubt it, secondly, if people do, who cares, it's not like after 11 years we haven't already run the well dry on Doomy shit anyway.

kristus said:

Grabable monsters

I was considering grabbable lost souls but everything that can be grabbed needs its own individual TID which makes it kind of a pain. Plus for every type of thing you can pick up I will need to add a bunch of conditionals because ZDoom is stupid about these things.

Ultraviolet said:

I almost beat MAP01. Then I tried using the automap and IDDT and I still only almost beat it. I should have enabled auto-aim and used the keys to look around. That might have worked pretty well.

You can use the flashlight!

This may work in a mod I once though, the Double Dragon DOOM (with some modifications of course).

Great work.

Scuba Steve said:

You can use the flashlight!

It's quite funny watching Pacifist and Tyson demos with this thing added to the command line.

JacKThERiPPeR said:

The only good gravgun I know is the one that picks objects and throws them. Like in HL2.
The one you made just pushes the object.

Are you retarded you can pick up objects and throw them in mine too

Linguica said:

Are you retarded you can pick up objects and throw them in mine too

Obviously he is.