~~WARNING~~ ~~WARNING~~ ~~WARNING~~ ~~WARNING~~

Idiotic Newbie detected.
Flame with Extreme prejudice.

~~END WARNING~~ ~~END WARNING~~ ~~END WARNING~~

Dear god man.
It was announced A year and a half ago.
Works been going for roughly Eight months
maybe more.

Do NOT expect it for at least Two years.
(Hopefully less)

Get the Macworld video, and find the Fire/Particle video
It's work in progress.

About 2002/2003.

~~WARNING~~ ~~WARNING~~ ~~WARNING~~ ~~WARNING~~

Idiotic Newbie detected.
Flame with Extreme prejudice.

~~END WARNING~~ ~~END WARNING~~ ~~END WARNING~~

/me dives for cover and pulls out the M60 with exploding mercury tipped rounds

What a silly question. Doom3 will come out when hell freezes over. And I'm pretty sure that's happened a couple of times, so don't worry.

/me fires, and blows his leg off

So the guy heard about Doom 3, couldn't find a release date, so he asked us. What's the big deal? Sheesh.

Personally I hope the game doesn't come out a second before 2003... so they have plenty of time to make a shitload of good levels unlike the shit they've been shovelling for the last eight or so years.

Hopefully 2003, then I can save the pennies to upgrade, so I can play it.

Heh, and expect me to edit for the damn thing also! Hell yeah.

In two years the GeForce 3 will seem older and more decrepit than a Voodoo 2 does right now. You'll be able to buy a video card than can run Doom 3 at 60 frames per second with all details cranked for $100 anywhere.

There might be a few worth-playing games in between though.

There might be a few worth-playing games in between though.

You have to be kidding me.

I for one, do not like the current direction of recent games. Besides, none of the upcoming ones, outside of Nintendo or Sega releases (Read: GC Mario Kart and Metroid, PS2 Virtua Fighter 4) for the consoles look like anything good.

Which means more money saving behavoirage (?!). Heh, I could be a LPB for Doom3 yet!

Ugh... classic newbie question. Two newbie questions I hate:

1) Duh... when's Doom 3 coming out? I'm sure no one's heard this question before. I know there's a Doom 3 forum, but I'll ask in the General forum anyway. What? You mean you guys aren't camping outside your computer stored for Doom 3?

2) I'm a money grubbing asshole. I could buy Doom, but I don't want to shell out the money. Could any of you send it to me? I have read you guys complaining about piracy, and read the FAQ, but can you cut me a break? Come on!

Ok. Maybe they don't sound like that every time, but everytinme someone asks that's what I see.

My answers to the 2 annoying first posts:

1) We are sick of hearing that same damn question. Quit asking. We love classic Doom, and it's great without any sequels. We don't need flashy new graphics to draw us to the game. There's more to life than waiting for the next coolest game to come out.

2) Buy the game from ID, prick. Heck, Collector's Doom just came out. Buy it for $20. Quit bothering us. You know what the answer is.

when will doom3 be released??
tell me

The question itself isn't that annoying, it's the way its asked.

Doom 3 released????

Is 4 question marks really necessary? Screams newbie.

Outcast, while DOOM 3 isn't officially out yet, you can download a test version of it which is essentially like a demo. Not sure where to get it though; I found a site not too long ago but haven't been able to find it since....

P.S. Careful the questions you ask on the forums and how you phrase them 'lest your name bear true.

When Doom3 is released a Geforce3 will not cost that much that we think it will, and that relaxes me. Let the damn game come out in the winter of 2004, so iD have worked well with it.

Xenoman: I hope they take the same attitude as the Duke Nukem Forever team: "It's ready when it's ready."

So many games are rushed out to sell. And it shows.

Ugh... classic newbie question.

I remember a question that could only be considered stupid.

Some retard said that he couldn't understand why Doom 3 was coming out because.... get this.... DOOM 2 WASN'T OUT YET!

So many games are rushed out to sell. And it shows

I'm tired of games that require a higher standard from your computer just because they want to release it as quickly as possible.

They rush with the programming and things are not properly done. I hope Doom3 will be released when it's actually done.

Hmm...I am developing my Lüt like powers of being able to tell if the thread was made by a newbie or an idiot just by the name...

Speaking about games that are coming out "when it's done", I was at EB looking for Collector's Doom. They still don't have the damn thing. The good news is, their computer says that Duke Nukem Forever is coming out at the end of this month. Think of it, Collector's Doom, Doom GBA, Castlevania Chronicles and Duke Nukem Forever in the same month.

/me crosses my fingers.

Speaking about games that are coming out "when it's done", I was at EB looking for Collector's Doom. They still don't have the damn thing. The good news is, their computer says that Duke Nukem Forever is coming out at the end of this month. Think of it, Collector's Doom, Doom GBA, Castlevania Chronicles and Duke Nukem Forever in the same month.

/me crosses my fingers.

Dude!
/me orgasms
DNF looks cool.

dude, you'd better clean that up.

plus, i noticed your post count is 1978! that's the year i was born!

dude, you'd better clean that up.

plus, i noticed your post count is 1978! that's the year i was born!

Now it is 1980 and growing...I try to make people smile where ever I go.

Personally I hope the game doesn't come out a second before 2003... so they have plenty of time to make a shitload of good levels unlike the shit they've been shovelling for the last eight or so years

yeah i agreed, so i could have more time working on technology.wad

when will doom3 be released??
tell me

Oh please, when will people learn to ask ORIGINAL questions?
Great goodness, God only knows when Doom3 will be released. Now, GO AWAY to the Doom 3 Forums, please.

Personally I hope the game doesn't come out a second before 2003... so they have plenty of time to make a shitload of good levels unlike the shit they've been shovelling for the last eight or so years.

Plus it gives the TECHNOLOGICALLY IMPAIRED (/me points to Crendowing) some time to upgrade our systems for the minimum sysreqs.