Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lobo

Any one know a Duke 3D TC for Doom?

I was just wondering does anyone know of a Duke Nukem TC for Doom? Has any ever been done?

duke.zip or duke.ace.
You can play Duke Nukem instead of the Doom Marine (Duke weapons and a few Duke insults).

Any links?

I'm more interested in some maps instead of graphics/sound replacements, but thanks for the answers anyway.

There are currently ZDOOM and Legacy player skins of characters from Duke3d and LameDuke...and also Shadow Warrior.
I don't remember who made them and where they're stored for downloads, but I know that they exist, and I remember downloading them a few years ago.

There was a level, a DM level IIRC, that was based (not especially accurately) on E1L1 of Duke Nukem - but just the outside street area. It was quite cool though. Don't know any links, sorry.

Hey lobo, you could always use the map2wad tool.... Also there was that project on wip that has levels from duke 3d, i dunno if he's finshed thou.

I -have- used the map2wad tool, and it's got the geometry fairly well done, but I'm too lazy to start looking for the E1L1 specific textures that are used in it :)

That's why I was hoping someone had already done this map, including the textures (just call me lazy git;)

Enjay said:

There was a level, a DM level IIRC, that was based (not especially accurately) on E1L1 of Duke Nukem - but just the outside street area. It was quite cool though. Don't know any links, sorry.

You're prolly thinking of Doom Nuke, which was Duke3D E1L1 ported to Vanilla Doom2 with SS Nazis thrown in for good measure.

Trasher][ said:
You're prolly thinking of Doom Nuke, which was Duke3D E1L1 ported to Vanilla Doom2 with SS Nazis thrown in for good measure.

I don't remember SS Nazi's being in the level, but you could well be right.

Any links to that lads? Does it have textures from Duke too or is it just geometry?

Lobo said:

Any links to that lads? Does it have textures from Duke too or is it just geometry?

I've been looking but can't find it. Can't even find the copy I had on my HD. I *think* the one I am talking about was mainly just geometry.

Thanks for that link WildWeasel.

Now if I could just get my hand on the textures used in E1L1 of Duke and I'd be laughing.

I've actually been thinking of making a good Duke weapons replacement for a while now, and seeing that Zdoom's new Decorate weapon system is available, I might start soon. I just need to wait for reloading to be implemented (for the Pistol) in order to get it working completely.

I seem to remember playing a doom level once that, among other things ripped from duke, featured the octabrain (in place of the caco) as well as the rpg, if I am correct. Does anyone remember it (filename)?

I'm thinking of doing an edge duke tc, the weapons could be recreated perfectly as with much of the levels.
Why not use xwe to read the duke texture resources?

I know I can use XWE or wintex or other programs to rip the textures, but like I said, I'm looking for the E1L1 specific textures.

The weapons I've already got done, more or less.

All the e1 texutures are shared through out the first levels. Its only when all that caves and bullshit is added in that textures really differ.

I actually almost completed a Duke-styled weapon mod for EDGE a while back. It used very few rips from Duke 3D and was even going to have new weapons. The project was cancelled, but I should post what I had finished at the time here for anyone interested.

Edit:
Here it is.
Luke Killem Beta - 0.86MB

My original intent was to make a Duke 3D mod without actually using anything from the game, hence the ripoff title Luke Killem. :p Included are the latest wad file and DDF code. Not sure if I updated the DDF files outside of the wad, but if you poke around in XWE, all the code should be there.

Just so you folks know: before being reactivated this week, this threads last reply was almost 2 YEARS ago!

Thanks for the info and stuff, though I've lost interest int his a long time ago :(