Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Micah

wad in progress

I got bored with my main project today and started making a small wad, which I will probably finish before I start working on the main project again. No name for it yet, but it'll probably be 5 maps or so. I don't have the dedication to replace all 32 doom 2 maps in a mini-project =/.

So here are some screenies. You'll notice that I suck. Cut me some slack, I'm a newbie =)

I recommend (if you haven't been there already) checking out Wads in Progress. You can create an account and post a few screens along with a description, and people can comment. It's similar to forums like these but it's focus is wads/maps in progress.

As far as the level, looks like you're taking pics of the same area. It's a good start but you might want to add some light variation.

Marble room with metal tech lights on the roof don't go together really well. Otherwise looks good.

Looks like a nice start but I have to agree the tech lights just don't go in the first pic. Do some like in the second pic or something.

I was going for a little bit of variation with the lights, but I suppose it does look a little out of place. I did change some lighting in the second screen. I added a gradual fading effect on the floor around the lights. Thanks for the comments.

Don't forget to align your textures. I agree with everyone else. It's ok to make interesting theme mixes, but make sure that you're not creating an eyesore. I suggest experimenting more.

Hrm. They both look good, but I'd have to learn towards to tech looking one. Got any more screenshots of that?

Well, I'm working on the second map now, and I should have a screenshot of that before too long. I finally decided to retexture after I ran out of interesting marble textures on the second map. The tech opens up many more opportunities to variate, so I stuck with it.

Thanks for all the suggestions so far!