Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Manc

Something Doom Related Almost Wins

It appears The Mod Database held a contest of sorts earlier today in their IRC channel. One of the categories was Best Simulation Mod. ZooW: Alien Dimension, a Doomsday mod, won second place out of 2. The other was some ut2k4 thing. The site doesn't explain why it actually was even nominated. I guess if you've played it you might know a bit better, and maybe you can shed some light to the reason.

Thanks engineer for bugging me on AIM about this.

maxspeed said:

Screenshots of ZooW look great.

Good looks don't make a good game. I haven't played it but apparently someone who did thinks that it isn't good.

The 98MB download is keeping me from trying it for a while. Damn my Dialup and damn the Broadband Black Hole I live in. It *looks* pretty good though and I'm a sucker for eye candy. Its still nice to see something DooM get some recognition.

BBG said:

How the fuck could that thing get 2nd? It sucks.

it also got last place

It looks vaguely like something Melfice could have cooked up.

Which reminds me that it's too bad that guy never got around to releasing more than he did.

Well, moddb's screwy alot, too much hl fanboys on it. Don't expect much for Doom there (and yes I know, i was an administrator there in 03 so don't get me wrong)

Epyo said:

Why, wait is Melfice dead?

No, he left and is apparently never coming back. Or so he says.

If you look how many simulation mods there are in Mod database, you can see there's about 40 of them... So it's not the last... There was some voting in decemeber, so I think some people had voted my mod then, which is weird, because I have a feeling it sucks, because the bad frame rates makes it slow. Maybe it works fine when it's year 2050 and people have hyperactive 666THz computers.