Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pingosimon

Exporting Doom files to Mac?

Hello, I searched around here and sites abotu jDoom and the likes and couldn't find an answer...hopefully I won't bother anyone, and eve more hopefully, someone can help!

I bought the DOOM Collector's Edition CD for PC a few months ago and I love it! I don't have my PC anymore, now I have a Mac with OSX, and, although the CD does not work natively on Mac, it seems like htere should be a way to copy files properly and maybe download some sort of utility so that I can play the game on my Mac? Im sure most of you know that the CD comes with the .wad files and the likes....it seems to me that all the necessary files are on the CD b themselves, and the only reason I can't ply this on my Mac is because the Setup and Installers are .exe (which does not work at all on Mac.)

Is there a relatively simple way to copy what I already own and reformat the files or use some sort of utility to play the DOOM games on my Mac?

Thanks alot in advance for any help, and I hope my post isn't violating or annoying!

there are programs that let you run DOOM on a mac, try going to google and searching for "MacDoom" and see what you come up with.

I've got the Mac doom app (Ultimate and 2)
if you need it, drop me a note. I have the Doom CD's at home, and I found the .app online, so it should be ok

BBB

Your best bet is to install Doom Legacy, which should be able to play the WAD files from Doom collector's edition.

Infact, any source port which runs on MacOS should do. Anyone have any suggestions for better Mac ports?

Aside from some source-release based engines, there's the plain Mac version of Doom (and Doom2.) Also, check this page for Mac-related utilities. There might be more stuff here, too.

You will be able to take the WAD file from the PC CD-ROM of DOOM and use that with Legacy or one of the other Mac OS X DOOM ports. I use all my DOOM games with Legacy. Though it's buggy so I'll probably switch to Jdoom or something.

You should be able to convert the IWAD files *DOOM.WAD*DOOMII.WAD* with WADenizer just click the link above that says "here".