Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Vegeta

Green pixels when rotating a graphic in Psp

When I rotate a graphic (usually the smaller ones, or selections) in PSP, using the DOOM pallete (or other low colours pallete), in certain angles that are not 90° 180° 270° and these, some odd and annoying (as hell) green and very light grey pixels apear here and there in the rotated one. I can fix them manualy, still is there a way I could say psp don't to do that?

Do these green and gray pixel show up at the border between cyan and an another color? If so, I think I know what you are talking about.

When you rotate something in a weird angle any paint program will mix the colors of the pixels next to eachother. Cyan is a 'stand alone' color in the Doom pallete. The closed colors to it are light green/ gray and white.

To avoid this, you should first 'fill' the cyan parts of your pictures with a more neutral color (like dark gray). Rotate the picture the way you want to, and then fill the dark gray parts with cyan again.

Hope that helped...

m0l0t0v said:

Cyan is a 'stand alone' color in the Doom pallete.

Slight correction. Cyan is not a "stand alone" colour in the doom palette - it isn't in the doom palette at all. It is put there by many WAD editing tools and replaces one of the duplicate entries in the palette. (Doom has a few palette entries that are the same colour). Not all WAD editing tools use cyan as their colour for marking transparent pixels.

But yeah, your technique is sound. I personally use DeePsea. It uses magenta as the backround colour for extracted graphics. When I rotate a graphic a few of the edge pixels get mapped to one or two of the other pinky/purple colours in the palette. However, there are only about 3 of these, so I just use the colour replacer tool to swap them for something more suitable.

m0l0t0v said:

To avoid this, you should first 'fill' the cyan parts of your pictures with a more neutral color (like dark gray). Rotate the picture the way you want to, and then fill the dark gray parts with cyan again.

What he should actually do is cut out the cyan bits and use the transparency feature that his editor (if at least half decent) should have.