Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cyber-menace

Delta Sector 4 = E1M8

I just got into hell yesterday (I haven't had the game very long), and after a little thought, I noticed that Delta Sector 4 is kinda like E1M8. There are basically no monsters in it, there is a bunch of supplies, and after you defeat the two Hell Knights (which were Barons in the original) you go into hell... they even take your weapons to make it seem like the end of an episode.

Has anyone else noticed this until now? Somebody must have I suppose.

You mean the Chainsaw Zombie? There were about 3 of them I think, there's nothing difficult about them though if you have enough space to run backward.

Heh, looks like I'm not the only one to have noticed the ultimate homage to the original Doom on that level; having to battle 2 Hell Knights at the end was the icing on the cake if you ask me.

cyber-menace said:

I noticed that Delta Sector 4 is kinda like E1M8.

Ummmm... Duh? Remember that Doom3 is a retelling of Doom.

I just closed my eyes and let loose with the BFG. Wasn't much of a fight for the poor bastards.

Yeah, but there's only enough time for one BFG blast. I finished off the second one with a distant rocket or two.

I hated losing my BFG when I had only fired it once.

Dodge said:

Heh, looks like I'm not the only one to have noticed the ultimate homage to the original Doom on that level; having to battle 2 Hell Knights at the end was the icing on the cake if you ask me.

Heh, I didn't think it was worth mentioning - it's just so obvious a nod at Ultimate Doom E1M8, that there was no point in mentioning it.

Also, notice that these two Hell Knights are tougher than the rest of the D3 Hell Knights.

dsm said:

Also, notice that these two Hell Knights are tougher than the rest of the D3 Hell Knights.

Really? I didn't know that. Okay, these things nearly take a full strength BFG blast to kill, so the regular ones must be about as strong as a Mancubus.

The regular HKs take only 3/4 of a full BFG cell to kill - the ones in Delta 4 can survive a fully charged BFG blast.

Another comparison: The regular HK can be killed with a meagre 4 shotgun blasts up close - the ones in Delta 4 takes several shotgun blasts to kill. Not sure how many exactly, but I think I had to reload the shotgun after emptying all eight shells into one of them and it was still standing.