Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RamboBones

Doom2 UV Run in 24:40 - No Damage (TAS)

@Vile: Yeh doing a rocket and then checking with bullets seems the best idea, must admit I didn't think of it.

@Grazza: Some of the maps in Hell Revealed do luck pretty hard, I haven't spent much time on this so far so before going past map 7 I will check out the other maps. Generally however maps can be easier than you might think provided there aren't to many zombiemen/shotgunners/chaingunners, anything else as long as it's not way to cramped can generally be done. Either way I won't really know until I try, the main thing really is to ensure I manage my ammo correctly so I don't run out at bad moments :D.

I think that counting the final room on E1M8 as neccessary damage, as was mentioned in comparison to max runs, is probably a good idea. Going with that I'll do some episode runs of Ultimate Doom before trying Hell Revealed, the first episode doesn't look incredibly challenging so give me a couple of weeks at the most :)

Woah I just realized this thread was posted up in the news on the main page! Now that's something I didn't expect.

*Basks in 30 seconds of fame*

i have problems running this. prboom and the modified one are out of sync (the player stuck at the first imps in the hallway and gets hp reduced to 50)

Perhaps your iwad is modified. Try reinstalling it from the original disk. It needs to be an unaltered 1.9 doom2.wad. 14,604,584 bytes; CRC ec8725db.

Rambo: I'd think episode 1 would be the hardest of the Doom episodes, actually. It's stuffed with hitscan enemies, there's far fewer in EP2 and EP3. EP1 is certainly the hardest pacifist ep, and I'd think that'd be the most comparable category to no damage...ep3 should be a cakewalk in comparison.

AdamW said:

Rambo: I'd think episode 1 would be the hardest of the Doom episodes, actually. It's stuffed with hitscan enemies, there's far fewer in EP2 and EP3. EP1 is certainly the hardest pacifist ep, and I'd think that'd be the most comparable category to no damage...ep3 should be a cakewalk in comparison.

Hehe yeh you got it in one. I'm currently on level 5, must admit I've barely been working on it (trying to get my drivers license), and what's annoying me at the moment is dogs, small corrider, and no SSG. Whilst an abundance of shotgunners/zombiemen is extremely annoying, I'm just such a lucky guy :). They haven't caused the greatest number of problems yet, but like I said earlier I REALLY miss my SSG, I sorta relied on it pretty much in my Doom 2 run :)

Edit: Btw, time of the first 4 levels is about 1:30, I think.

What do you mean by "questionable"? You are aware that TAS means it's cheated, right? ... (If you are referring to the overall quality of the demo, then: the choppy turns are hard to avoid when using slow motion... You're used to turning quickly, and "forget" that everything else is much slower, so the turns aren't compensated for and makes the movement look "choppy" when the demo is played back at full speed)