Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
cyber-menace

A Resource of Snow

I'm looking for a wad of any sort that has a lot of snow and ice graphics. I'm trying to make an ice themed level for my megawad, but I'm no artist so I'll need other's work for this.

Does anyone know of a good winter resource wad?

the megawad Rebirth has some wintery textures, used in the secret level.

Rebirth, H2H, and the recent christmas wad from new stuff a couple of weeks ago.

Not sure which ones are usable for ya.

I think those were the ones in the Blood Resource Pack... which I found and already have permission to use anyway. Thanks anyway though.

Title : Schreienwolf Fortress
Filename : wolf.wad
Release date : 6-26-03
Author : Lutarez

There were some pretty cold icey textures in there as well. Maybe he will let you use those if you like them.

Erm... I think you have the wrong wad. That wad only has Wolfenstien textures with a very rarely used classic Doom 2 texture. The only new texture is the sky...

Thanks anyway though.

Proabably the most interesting graphic in that pack is the sky textures. I'm looking for a more rocky atmosphere. This is mainly all metal and tech. If I do anything of this theme in this map, I may look into it. Thanks for the correction Scuba.

Try importing a few textures/flats from the Heretic/Hexen series. There are some neat winter-themed graphics in those games, although they haven't been used by Raven Software excessively.
Also, I'd dare ya to replace Doom2's Mancubus beast with Hexen's Wendigo tundra beast. That would be super.

DarkJedi188 said:

Also, I'd dare ya to replace Doom2's Mancubus beast with Hexen's Wendigo tundra beast. That would be super.

The Mancubus has already been replaced by my own modified version of the Death Wyvern, so that isn't going to happen.

Searcher - I took a look at the textures... I may use them I don't know though. It's only for one map.

DarkJedi188 said:

Not sure what port (if any) this mod is for, but if it's for Zdoom, you can just supply the graphics and sounds and import them into the game. I've done it - they work fine.

Yes, it's for Zdoom, but my Death Wyvern is heavily modified, so that's why I couldn't add it in that fashion, plus I already have far more than enough monsters added in anyway. It's getting so it takes me a long time to load wads in XWE now...

DarkJedi188 said:

Try importing a few textures/flats from the Heretic/Hexen series.

If anybody does this, I'd like to have a looksee myself too.

Surge has some snow graphics too. Snow wall, snow floor and ice floor (white water). But there's probably better stuff out there...