Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Manc

CDoom, CDoom Go

Gazz from the CDoom development team shot us an email to say they're back working on the project after an "extended christmas break." Looks like they're going to have another "alpha" release (v .25) this coming Monday. He claims it'll be bug free, but we all know how unlikely something like that is.

From the email:

A copy of the change log will be posted along with the Windows installer and, due to high demand, a stand-alone zip file aimed at for Linux users. Just to reiterate, there will be no extra features, maps etc... This is justa bug fix release so that we have a solid foundation to progress forward with the development of Cdoom.

So yeah go check it out.

Hey maybe this one wont suck.

I've been thinking about recreating classic doom in HL2. Since it's so much cooler.

Ralphis said:

I've been thinking about recreating classic doom in HL2. Since it's so much cooler.

Sounds like a better target for recreating Strife.

All bugs that have been reported have been fixed, also extra bugs have also been fixed that were found by our new team of testers. So, even though there will be bugs, all the ones we have found and/or been notified of have been removed :)

Gazz: YOu ever going to post a web page with screen shots of this puppy?

Usually when I goto get this, the links are dead...

...and or I can't get anything working without crashing.

Can't wait to see where this goes!

ANy plans on slopes to go with those 3D Floors?

ok, just go to our website ,I think you are confusing Classic Doom 3 with some other mod...

Here:

http://cdoom.d3files.com

Hope that helps, check the media section for some (old) screenshots. Wait until monday for the new release because there is no point downloading the buggy alpha 0.20 now unless you really want to download it twice ;)

Oh ya, this project, ok. I'm wondering if there will be some way for me to trick the XBOX port of DOOM3, into playing mods like this? Time will tell.