Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Aseph

Doom 3 Music

This may have been asked before, but it wasn't on the FAQ so I figured I'd give it a shot. Would any of you happen to know where could I download an mp3 or wav of the song played at the menu screen in Doom 3? It'd be nice to have.

As for Doom 3 in general, I'll give my two cents:

I don't like the changes made to the storyline (i.e. you're only in hell for one level, you never go to Phobos or Demos, they have a human villain along with the demons, etc... although the soul cube was a nice addition) but other than that, the game is fantastic.

The ogg is contained within one of the pack (pk4) files. I cant remember which one off the top of my head though, and I cant check right now. A sample of it was also available a long while back. You can try googling for "Tweaker", who did the song.

Heh, I myself have it on vinyl.

It's called "d3theme" and is found in one of the pk4 files in your doom3/base folder as Amaster said. You can use a filezipping program like Winzip or Powerarchiver to peek into the pk4 files to check out the ressource files.

In fact, the pk4 file that has the D3 theme song has just about all the other sound files for D3 in there too - it's pretty cool to explore, so go ahead and check it out.

The other sort 'music' pieces are also worth listening to outside of the game, usually because you can hear the music tune itself without all the ingame background noises.

damn there are some juicy sound files there, especially the metallic_wail and the chanting ambience.

The in-game version fades out about a minute into the song, and the song itself is over two minutes. I went ahead and downloaded it off a Doom website, but I'll still go and check out that pk4 file so I can listen to all the other neat stuff.