Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Udderdude

zDoom to Doom format conversion

Anyone know of a program/tool that'll convert zDoom formatted maps to plain Doom?

And yes I know such a tool would get rid of all the zDoom specific effects :P

Tormentor667 said:

...or use a program called "zwadconv" (google for it, but as far as I know you can even get it here on Doomworld)

He wants ZDoom -> Doom, not Doom -> ZDoom!

udderdude said:

Anyone know of a program/tool that'll convert zDoom formatted maps to plain Doom?

And yes I know such a tool would get rid of all the zDoom specific effects :P

Well DeePsea does what you want as part of the normal editing section. That means it probably exceeds the shareware file size and you can't save it. But there's another way too as I'll explain.

For DeePsea just open it in a DOOM project (complains that you don't have the right project - ignore that) and then a regular save does the conversion. Optionally it strips all the specials (since usually that makes life easier), although sometime in the future I was going to translate the easy ones.

But the good new is that you can do this just using COPY and PASTE in DB or WA (actually DS too if it wasn't for the size limit).

What you do is rubber band the whole level and then COPY (Ctrl+C or the menu), then make a NEW level and paste (Ctrl+V). All done. I think all the specials and tags are reset to 0, but you need to check this yourself.