Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chopkinsca

Abandoned "project".

Maybe about half a year ago I had an idea for a map that I started to work on. For unknown reasons I have now completely abandoned what little work I had done on it. I think that it would have been an interesting map if it had been completed, and what I did have done may be interesting to someone. So, for no real reason, I am going to let anyone who cares have a look at what I had done before I gave up. I wasn't focusing on detail, and the detail that is there is only experimental. Also, I had made this before I had seen/played Cyberdreams; not that this fact really matters.
The failed 'project' can be found here and should work in ZDoom 2.064 and up.

Again, I'm not really sure why I am posting this.

dutch devill said:

i didn't liked it very much to be honest :(

I agree... It didn't quite turn out like I had thought it would, most likely the reason why I didn't really do much on it. I did use it to experiment with a few random 'tech designs' but I guess I should just stick to 'outdoor' type things in the future.

The only way this map would get finished is if someone else decided to take over. I had no desire to work on it anymore, and it wasn't mapper's block either. For quite a few months, the last large room remained empty despite the fact I knew what I had wanted to do with it.

It's a good thing I didn't announce it as a new project back when I almost did. I have a habit of suddenly losing all desire for doing anything in the way of editing even if I have several pages of ideas already planned out.

You evil evil person. I browse through the forums casually, and then I hear that ZDoom 2.0.64 was released from this thread. Excited, I run to zdoom.org, and find that you LIED.

Meanie.

lerner said:

You evil evil person. I browse through the forums casually, and then I hear that ZDoom 2.0.64 was released from this thread. Excited, I run to zdoom.org, and find that you LIED.

Meanie.

Oops, I meant to say .63a. Ever since the .9x series I have been thinking that .64 was the previous version for some reason.