Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
fodders

They are watching you :)

actually, isn't that kind of data access only supposed to be legally available to, say law enforcement and intelligence agencies - after they've recieved a court approved warrant to look into it (not like they usually do anyway, but one can always hope)?

Law enforcement and intelligence agences don't need warrants or shit for justification anymore thanks to the Patriot Act. Our library records that I think were still managed to be protected during even McCarthyism aren't anymore. Librarians refusing to turn over records are even being legally threatened. And best of all with google's recent acquiring of content of major libraries, their completely unethical record keeping and tracking, and their employment of government spooks, the feds can immediately know specifically what people are even looking for within a book if they choose to.

Heh, the pizza place I call most often knows my name and address, but that's because I've called them before from that number.

Scuba Steve said:

Priiivate Eyes...

Song quotes now, eh? I got one for ya: The man's too big / The man's too strong...

I think this one's very relevent to today. Even though the song is 20 years old.

Kristian Ronge said:

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
--Benjamin Franklin

Unfortunately, Bush's puppetmasters like him too much to deny him either safety or liberty.