Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I like Dwango 5 because for some reason modified Doom 2 maps are so cool. Oh yeah, and I absolutely love all of the 3-sector maps with the BFG's everywhere because I love to use the BFG. Yay hooray!

P.S.: Dwango 5 sucks and people should start playing something else.

OMGMAPS is quite popular; perhaps the most popular at the moment. It has 32 levels of sheer variety.

I also like Just Doom It, a supermodern WAD with pretty good variety.

What the Hell is this doing in blogs, considering this seems to be, for once, a valid Doom-related question?

tlsd2004, udm2, udm3, omgmaps, and a few others I couldn't come up with for the life of me on a Monday morning.

Also check out dogtag3/wangotag for some oldskool team action

AndrewB said:

OMGMAPS is quite popular; perhaps the most popular at the moment. It has 32 levels of sheer variety.

Yeah, I've noticed that it is up on a few servers and they are usually quite crowded. Fun bunch.

Hrm, forgot to mention exec.wad and brit11.wad. Map01 of brit11 in particular is a fantastic map.

Rampage 1-4!!!! They are some very old deathmatch levels made around 1996. If you want them e-mail me at StealthyIvan@hotmail.com
The rampage levels have been put into one big wad called abyss666. (New graphics/guns/music) :) These levels were made by some friends of mine on Virtual Arcade BBS many many moons ago...

All of greenwar, (and if you like Greenwar, though no one plays it, go for FreeDM!), select picks from OMGMAPS (about half of them are worthless and not thought out), UDM2, 3. Also, the skulltag.wad maps are some of my favorites.

I guess some other standouts would be the brit wads, decap, exec. Exec I wouldn't suggest if you don't like being completely confused. (In my opinion it's only really good for 1 on 1s, too much mass BFGing/spawnkills.)

Every map in omgmaps was thought out and playtested. If it seems like mostly chaotic lucky gameplay... thats the way I designed it.

Or better yet.. thats what happens with 16 players.