Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Odin

New build

I am planning on putting a computer together next month. I figure Doom3 is the most upbeat graphic game to keep up with, so I want to make sure I have it right.
What is a good 128meg graphics card for this game?
What else should I be aware of so I don't get stumped later?
Like motherboard and processor and Dvd drive. What about windows compatability? Also ram speeds. thanks I think this should be fun. Blast for Mars.

i think you're gonna nead a 256 video card(recommended) p4, 3.0 ghz would be nice. at the very least 384mb ram, twice that is more like it though.

Thanks Baron
I should have 512ram to start. My PC will be an AMD, at least 2.2 gigs, I am going to try and go faster but don.t know if I'll clear 3gigs. Can I run it good enough with a 128meg video card? There are some low priced 256meg video cards but I don't know wich to get?
Any info would be helpfull.

Update on my video card, I now have a BFG Nvidi 5700 256 meg grafics card. Still working on the rest.

Oooh, good card. I have a GeForce FX 5900 and the game runs great. 512 RAM is a good place to start (that's what I've got), if you can, push that higher. Having an AMD at about 2.2 ghz is not bad at all. Remember, AMD and Intel chips don't clock the same. If I remember correctly, the naming scheme is supposed to tell you what Intel chip it's competing with, i.e. the AthlonXP 2700 is clocked at somewhere around 1.9 ghz, but competes with the P4 2.7 ghz.

At least, that's what I remember. I'm sure someone will correct me.

DC

Doom child, I think the AMD are faster than Intel pent's. From what I was told.