Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Dr. Zin

Memento Mori 2 Music

Download the full package. You'll get plenty of other great tunes and maps to go with too.

Otherwise, look in Tolwyn's page here on Doomworld, under Hosted, might or might not be there...

No, when you try to extract the midi it is corrupted (which is very odd). I need someone who has an uncorrupted version.

Shtbag667 said:

How did you extract that without scrambling it? I've tried with wintex and XWE but they scramble it.

I extracted the music from the legendary megawads long ago, in 1998 or 99. I'm pretty sure I used Wintex for that. I did have problems with scrambling, but now I really can't remember how I solved it.

I think I remember that wintex extracts it in the wrong format. Try deepsea and extract it twice, one as a .mus, and the other as .midi and see if they are different.

Donce said:
Try my extracted version then. It sounds OK for me in Winamp.

Actually, Klem had the MIDIs on his page when it was up (until rather recently.) But you have a different copy. The original is sized at 76125 bytes, yours 95553. I gather Klem recorded it in compressed format, since his includes intrument and author info, additionally.

I remember when I used to spell it Momento Mori... good times.

I also remember having the mp3s for the entire soundtrack. I wish I had held onto them. :/

EDIT: tried extracting some of those midis. The first two came out fine, but the third (thankfully provided by Donce) crashed winamp. I guess that's why I don't have that collection in my midi dir, since I have them for most others like mm, av, and so on.

OK, I finally found out how I used to extract those tunes. Not Wintex. First, extract the .mus as it is (I used Export > Raw in NWT), and then use Jim Flynn's Mmus2mid to convert it to midi. You're done!

I still have discs 1 and 2 of the Memento Mori II soundtrack (I don't know what I did with disc 3 :/)

I could possibly burn them for anyone who wants them at a nominal fee.

Donce said:

OK, I finally found out how I used to extract those tunes. Not Wintex. First, extract the .mus as it is (I used Export > Raw in NWT), and then use Jim Flynn's Mmus2mid to convert it to midi. You're done!

Thanks! That works perfectly.