Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bastet Furry

technical error in my wad... i dont :-( *Solved with a workaround for doombuilder*

Hi!

I am trying to build, as a studie in mapping for now, a floor from the rockefellow tower from the game Vision.
It is some sort of Adventure RPG whatever playing in a big tower that swims in the pacific(?) ocean that is fully capsuled ie. dont need something from outside, dont know if an english version exists.

So i made a single simple segment in doombuilder copy and pasted it and putted them toghter to form a ring. Then i builded the hallway that leads to the mainlift in the center.

Now i have a strange disorted view when i lock at one segment, the others are good.
Sometimes just the floor and ceiling textures are missing, sometimes i get strechet floor and ceiling textures.
When i fire up the map in zdoom that disortion is gone.
Any ideas what i did wrong?

Heres the map: http://www.nachtkatzen.de/doom/vision.zip

And i would be happy if someone could give me a simple zdoom script that prevents the weapons from showing.

Well, the DeePsea error checker basically gives it a clean bill of health and it looks fine in Zdoom as you said, so perhaps this is a DB issue?

When you say you want to prevent the weapons from showing, do you mean just make them invisible but still work or make it so the player has no weapons?

Enjay said:

Well, the DeePsea error checker basically gives it a clean bill of health and it looks fine in Zdoom as you said, so perhaps this is a DB issue?

Maybee... something i have to live with then, or better bother Pascal van de Heiden with *eg*
EDIT: Moved one vertece of the "damaged" sector 8 units around and the error is gone... very strange, indeed o.o

Enjay said:

When you say you want to prevent the weapons from showing, do you mean just make them invisible but still work or make it so the player has no weapons?

No weapons at all, Vision isnt about shooting other people.
And any tuts/sites on HUB-Mapping? The Tower actualy has 50 floors. (Interesting if this ever leaves testing of look and feel)

I very rarely use the 3d mode, but I would have issues with it. It may have been the computer I was using, but no way to know now as that was back in September when I last used 3d mode on a different computer. I usually would enter 3d mode and things wouldn't be proper. I would exit, rebuild nodes and re-enter and everything appeared correctly.

I forget if a reason for it was explained in the past or not. Therefore I can't really help any.

Remember, Doom Builder's 3d Mode isn't very stable. More complicated areas tend to always cause a distortion or a hole. If you re-build the nodes of a map the errors you saw before usually disappear and new ones appear on most occasions. It is something you'll have to get used to because Doom Builder's 3d Mode is probably in as good of condition as it is going to get.

I prefer to call them glitches :) You call things that crash unstable, but these are merely graphical anomalies that dont cause any problems in any way. And thats why they are not that interesting to fix.