Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
club_ice

Need Info on a "Lut" from Team Insanity, and "The End Complete"

Hello all, I remember long ago there was a really cool Megawad for Heretic in the works and it was being made by someone with the name "Lut" who was a member of Team Insanity. The guy mentioned he had the WAD about 90% complete but never finished it, man I sure would like to know what happened to it?

Does anyone know of what I am talking about or who I am referring to?

Lolz

I have played this incomplete Heretic megawad of Lüt's and it's looking good so far, IF ONLY he would finish it already, but then again there's also Millennium...

I think I still have the mostly-finished version of The End Complete floating around on my hard drive somewhere.

Kid Airbag said:

I think I still have the mostly-finished version of The End Complete floating around on my hard drive somewhere.

I'd love to try it.

Yeah but I dunno if Lüt wants it being distributed all over the place. You'd have to e-mail or PM him if you want it.

I don't know this "Lut" guy. Maybe he's a mirage? Yes, probably a mirage. Stay away from deserts, they're dangerous. And stop smoking already, it's killing you.

I've tried it. It's a real mixed bag .. he says he wants to redo most of the early maps from scratch, plus he's still busy with other stuff, so don't expect to see it any year soon.

Unless I convince him to let me finish it, which probabally won't happen. :P

I emailed him, but haven't received any response, I used to map alot for Heretic, its been years since I played the game, but I started playing last week again under the Doomsday Engine, and I still find it fun.

Thanks for those level links, that Sinful.zip was actually created by me a few years ago, I never thought it was that good though, I have thinking about upgrading it to a v2.0, there are some bugs in there, I want to get rid of.

club_ice said:

Thanks for those level links, that Sinful.zip was actually created by me a few years ago, I never thought it was that good though, I have thinking about upgrading it to a v2.0, there are some bugs in there, I want to get rid of.

Oh, you made that? I liked it, although it was pretty easy for me (as usual). To be honest, your maps in there are better than the TAC maps I saw.

If you make an upgrade, I think you should make it for zDoom.

Alot of people gave me flak for putting in the 4 D'Sparils. It was more of an experiment, it worked out and I left it at that. What does Zdoom offer these days? I should check into it, I haven't used Zdoom in a long time, not since I last played the Herian 2 Megawad for Doom 2.

Hehe, that definitely made the boss battle stick out. But with plenty of items and a bit of luck, it's even doable on -fast :)
(and some other episode's boss battles aren't, including mine :/)

As for ZDoom - it now has full Heretic support (it runs Sinful fine), but a few single maps plus the Hordes of Chaos megawad are the only things that have been made for Heretic since our episodes came out in 2002.

Latest stable version of ZDoom here.
(but if you want to play Shadowcaster you'll need this one instead).

Unfortunately the latest zDoom beta still sucks for Heretic. There's a bunch of new stupid bugs, like the Weredragon slow suicide, torches being drawn wrong, and the inventory still doesn't work quite right. I would still reccomend 0.63a.