Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Murdoch

Community Chest 2 MAP05

First of all, whoever made this level, I hate you. There is not remotely enough ammo to kill everything. That is wrong on so many levels.

Second, how in christ do you exit? I can see the exit link in ZDoom automap, but the only way to get it seems to be jump or noclip. Am I missing something?

er... are you talking about Community Chest 2? Because map 5 of the first Community Chest is really easy...
I never played CC2, so I can't help you there.

That's the one with some caves outside a tech base, and where a cyber teleports into the exit area, right? There are some little steps (IIRC with "EXIT" on them) that rise up, enabling you to reach the exit. I forget exactly what causes them to rise (sorry, not at my normal computer), but I'm sure you can find out by looking in an editor.

It's a tough map for sure. Make full use of infighting and the berserk, find the useful secrets (tricky) and you just might have enough ammo to kill the cyber (assuming you survive that far). Otherwise, good luck with just running around the bugger.

Kristus - no it's not ugly. I quite like the design. It's just the gameplay that blows gopher pole.

Grazza - That's the one. One step does raise up, but the path to exit line is blocked by several of those "gore poles". I tried to make my way around them but they're too wide. Maybe I wasn't being careful enough to get around. And even then, that's a fucking shitty thing to put the player through and will surely help me get acquitted when I snap, hunt the mapper down and bludgeon him to death with a hard drive.

Yeah I cheated to get past it. Liking what I see of your map so far dude.

The "gore poles" don't prevent the player from reaching the exit - it's not difficult to walk around them. No need to cheat.

BTW, in coop there would be a shortcut trick in this map, since you don't need the red key to press the switch that raises the exit steps (there's a little jump that I mentioned in another thread). However, the player who uses that jump ends up trapped, so it's only of any use if he has a coop buddy who can then exit the map.

It is difficult to walk around the first one. You'll have to try a few times.

Really crappy map, by the way (if you who read this are the author of the map, interpret this as constructive criticism).

Fredrik said:

It is difficult to walk around the first one.

I presume you're using Zdoom. If you try it in something else, you'll find it's much easier.

Map 05 is very cramped, I would not go as far as to call it a "crappy map", but it is deffinatly a pain in the ass at times.
As for map 06, Lutrov71 out did himself! (I hope the 1024 project turns out as well as this!)

Fredrik said:

It is difficult to walk around the first one. You'll have to try a few times.

Really crappy map, by the way (if you who read this are the author of the map, interpret this as constructive criticism).

Most of all this map has been poorly tested. THe poles at the end were probably the worst thing of all (aside from the far too high amount of monsters in there.) I used an editor to move that pole a little because as it was I was unable to get around it.

Use3D said:

I also found map5 to be poorly planned and simply not fun.

This might be true about the maps planning, but co-op with four people is kinda fun...

I've never experienced Coop with 4 players as very fun, it kinda hits a limit at 3 players. 4 is too crowded.